• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Fairchild Scout 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RG-cruiser

I am looking to purchase a Fairchild Scout 30.
Any Owners or people who might know of that boat for sale please let me know - thanks - Randy

Both the Fairchild Scout 30 boats listed in YachtWorld are SOLD - Brokers have not removed the listing to generate more leads. ???

That is a shame, as PILOT is a good boat. I knew her under her previous ownership, and it looks as though the current owner has taken good care of her.
Best,
Maldwin

Last edited:
Randy, glad to hear of your interest in the Scout, best boat I think that's ever been built in its class. I have by far the best one in existence, and not sure I want to sell it, and as far as Scout's are concerned it will be expensive. Then again this word, expensive, is relative. I love this boat, but have been traveling and might be transitioning to the coast. I know there will never be another one like this. It really is small yacht quality. Like what you might expect around Palm Beach or Brooklin Maine where it came from. Right now it is up at our Lake home on Lake Keowee, SC. We purchased our first one in Long Beach and had it shipped all the way across country. It still resides on Lake Keowee, so we have almost 20% of the first run of 12 Scouts right here lol. The one I currently own is the one I wanted, but it was sold before I could finalize an offer. I pursued it, and how have it.

https://maineboats.com/print/issue-165/sail-power

Attachments

• 6256212_20170602053441072_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6256212_20170602053441072_1_XLARGE.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 6256212_20170602053442722_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6256212_20170602053442722_1_XLARGE.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190925_152326.jpg
    20190925_152326.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190925_154332.jpg
    20190925_154332.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190925_155517.jpg
    20190925_155517.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0114.jpeg
    DSC_0114.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 17
  • 26165.jpg
    26165.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
How long have these been in existence? I ask because my grandfather built an identical boat in the 1930's (I have pics of final boat and plans he used). Wondering if it was a scout or the scout evolved from that design. My mom use to ride in a basket on the dashboard. Sold when WW2 came along and no one could get fuel.

--Kevin

How long have these been in existence? I ask because my grandfather built an identical boat in the 1930's (I have pics of final boat and plans he used). Wondering if it was a scout or the scout evolved from that design. My mom use to ride in a basket on the dashboard. Sold when WW2 came along and no one could get fuel.

--Kevin

These were built in I think 79 to around 81 in San Diego where they built 12 of the originals. Then I think Express Yachts or boats purchased the molds and built maybe up to 36 in Canada as late as 86 or so. Your grandfathers was all wood and original design, these Fibreglass and Wood (were you see it such as windows etc) were designed by Ben Ostlund. Timeless, but your Grandfather was first.

https://www.facebook.com/Scout30OwnersGroup/

Cool. Yes his was all wood, handmade by him and probably a friend or two. I still have the rowboat he built to go with it.

Thanks

--Kevin

Fairchild Scout 30 # 2

I am still looking - all the Listed boats I have found are actually SOLD - but the Listings are still up ???
I am looking to purchase a Fairchild Scout 30.
Any Owners or people who might know of that boat for sale please let me know - thanks - Randy 954-205-6300 or randygreenfiels@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom