Sticky Rubber Dashboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I also would interested to see result.

Sticky vinyl may be symptomatic of migration of plasticizer used in the manufacturing of the vinyl to make it pliable. The plasticizer migrates to the surface of the vinyl where it becomes sticky, hard to remove, and attracts dust and dirt. Removing the plasticizer residue on the surface provides only temporary relief. An option short of replacing the vinyl altogether is to carefully remove the residue and apply a vinyl repair industry clear satin surface sealing product "TAC Free" available in a spray can from SEM Products, Inc. SEM Products can recommend cleaning products and procedure as well. Forum members with sticky vinyl head and wall liners can consider this option as well.

Check this crap out. So you buy a Ferrari and notice you have black smudges on your white designer clothing you purchased at one of the high end shops at The Wynn, you know the one that sells 20k combat boots. Then you notice your finger tips are black. Turns out all the plastic bits are sticky and a tar like substance is transferring to your fingers, then to everything you touch.

You would think a high-end exotic Ferrari would not have this problem. When I first found out about it I was incredulous that it could. I thought some class action lawyer should sue Ferrari as they know this is an issue. This usually happens within ten years or so. I bet this is the same here. It is such a problem that it has spawned at least two successful companies and cost more than a few thousand to have them redone. We cleaned ours with denatured alcohol. Just for a bit more dribble it does not affect the early cars, seems to be 308 and newer. What a load of crap.

https://stickynomore.com/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom