ST44 Spare Props

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott Barnard

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Laurel Sommers
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44 (2014)
Considering the cost of spare props, I'm wondering if anyone with a set of spares would be willing to 'rent' them to us for a trip to the Bahamas.

If needed we could either use them (it) and keep them, or use them (it) and return it unharmed and get a new pair.

Seems like we could find a win-win situation for anyone with a spare of 24" typical of the 2014 vintage ST44.

Scott & Nancy

I have only 1 spare prop and it's for port side. A few years ago I lost my starboard prop because, after routine maintenance, haul-out yard didn't reinstall props correctly. I found a local guy who had set and only wanted to sell together.
I want to keep it in case of another mishap.

well we bit the bullet and have bought 2 new spares.

so far we can report all good working with Mike Heller @ Deep Blue Yach Supply in Ft Lauderdale ( www.deepblueyachtsupply.com )

reported 7-8 week manufacture by Radice (which used to make props for Beneteau) and hopefully delivered in time for a spring trip to the Bahamas.

At $4,750 they were a good value compared to two other quotes.

just installed new props, and sent former/old props to shop for tuning. fine folks in Brunswick GA them tuned them up and put notes on them which warn sharp edges. asked about this, they said they learned that sharper edges (both leading and following provide a better performance). we're going to reinstall the old props with finer edges as the new with rather dull edges are apparently causing some cavitation.

just thought everyone might learn from this, and possible some feedback

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom