Old 07-31-2017, 11:11 PM   #41
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
.. We own a 1994 Jaguar XJS coupe 4.0. I have Seafoamed this car from the day we purchased some 14 years ago. We don't drive it much, maybe on a sunny day (Ha ha ha-150+ inches of rain per year) and on our annual drive through B.C Canada to Washington state. Maybe a trip down California coast, and over to Arizona on odd years.

Al-Ketchikan
Wow! Seafoam must be potent stuff, otherwise you`d need courage and optimism to attempt those feats in an XJS. Maybe the straight six,not a V12 engine, helps too.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:22 PM   #42

City: Kenai
I do use stabil in anything that will sit for much time. But the sea foam on the Dart was dramatic. It ran ok but had at least one ticking lifter and burned oil. Which I assumed was stuck rings because it is a low mile engine. I changed the oil, added sea foam to the oil, also in the fuel, then fogged the engine with the aerosol. Let it sit for overnight. Fire it back up, let it smoke and drove about 100 miles. Changed oil and it was black as ink. No more burning oil, no more ticking lifters. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2906.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	67274 Also a 4 speed, and yes it boogies. Fun car. The guy bought it in 73, drag raced it until 79, then moved to Alaska and put it in storage until this summer he took it out to sell.

26Tolly383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:01 AM   #43
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Forgiven Art, a understandable assumption. I errored in punctuation of which I am famous for. On the subject of cars, We own a 1994 Jaguar XJS coupe 4.0. I have Seafoamed this car from the day we purchased some 14 years ago. We don't drive it much, maybe on a sunny day (Ha ha ha-150+ inches of rain per year) and on our annual drive through B.C Canada to Washington state. Maybe a trip down California coast, and over to Arizona on odd years.

Al-Ketchikan
Al - Photos, Please!! Many of us boat buffs let the buff roll over to classic autos. 94 Jag XJS is classic for sure!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:20 AM   #44
Guru

City: Powell River, BC
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Wow! Seafoam must be potent stuff, otherwise you`d need courage and optimism to attempt those feats in an XJS. Maybe the straight six,not a V12 engine, helps too.
Exactly my first thought when reading Al's post...
Northern Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #45
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
There are very few products with such universally high scores on reviews. 4.5 to 4.7 on all sites from Amazon to Walmart to Advanced Auto. Even the bad reviews aren't really bad.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #46

City: Anacortes
Vessel Name: Adelante
Vessel Model: Shin Shing, Eagle 35'
Bought an old Mercedes that had a million little problems but ran great. Used SeaFoam cleaner on everything from gummed up auto-door locks to the one windshield wiper gearing that was also gummed up and non-functional. It was an awesome car! Best of all my wife thought I was a magician! Ha ha

Jbear is offline   Reply With Quote