Lithionics ARE NOT made in the USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simi 60

Guru
Vessel Make
Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Would it be fair to say "assembled in USA from products made in China including the cells"?

I’ve seen a number of products that say things like “assembled in USA from foreign components” or similar and believe that is acceptable. But to say “Made in USA” there are three standards that have to be met and guessing this fraud has been much more common than thought.

There’s a link in that article to the Made in USA regulation. The standard itself hasn’t changed, only enforcement.

“However, there had long been a bipartisan consensus at the FTC that Made in USA fraud should not be penalized. The final Made in USA Labeling Rule changes course on the Commission’s longtime approach.”

So up until last year, anyone could lie and say Made in USA, and all they might suffer is a stern lecture from the FTC. Getting a time out from Trawlerforum for rules infractions is a heavier penalty.

Would it be fair to say "assembled in USA from products made in China including the cells"?

Sure
But charge the $600 that they are worth
Not $4500
https://www.offthegridrvs.com/Lithionics-p/gtr12v300-5dm-ctrl400.htm
and then bullshitting people that they are in someway a superior product when reality is they likely have no more extra than a $4000 flag sticker on them ;)

lithionicsbattery.png

I think it's safe to say that ALL LiFePO4 batteries are made from china produced cells and possibly the BMS also.
There are a few companies, BattleBorn for sure, that purchase grade A cells, test them and then assemble them here in the USA. Lithionics is probably one of them.
There are also many, probably the majority, of batteries that are completely built in china and shipped here at a much cheaper cost. You take the chance that you want to.

Sure
But charge the $600 that they are worth
Not $4500
https://www.offthegridrvs.com/Lithionics-p/gtr12v300-5dm-ctrl400.htm
and then bullshitting people that they are in someway a superior product when reality is they likely have no more extra than a $4000 flag sticker on them ;)

lithionicsbattery.png
Rod of Marinehowto would disagree. In his most recent post following his stroke he ranked LFP batteries by level of quality, with Lithionics at the top of the list by having what he said was unreal levels of quality, finishing up with a rare "stay away" warning for Renology. His actual words, following the notation of lots of $ signs after the Lithionic name was that they were "Amazing quality dropin batteries. Built like no other LiFePO4 batteries!"

Whether the cost of quality is worth what Lithionics charges for it is up to the consumer I suppose, but your characterization of them being worth 1/7th what they cost doesn't seem quite right.

https://marinehowto.com/drop-in-lifepo4-be-an-educated-consumer/

Rod of Marinehowto would disagree. In his most recent post following his stroke he ranked LFP batteries by level of quality, with Lithionics at the top of the list by having what he said was unreal levels of quality, finishing up with a rare "stay away" warning for Renology. His actual words, following the notation of lots of $ signs after the Lithionic name was that they were "Amazing quality dropin batteries. Built like no other LiFePO4 batteries!"

Whether the cost of quality is worth what Lithionics charges for it is up to the consumer I suppose, but your characterization of them being worth 1/7th what they cost doesn't seem quite right.

https://marinehowto.com/drop-in-lifepo4-be-an-educated-consumer/

And fair comment

But even if using the best of the best made in china components I bet it would not be adding much to the overall cost of components

Lithionics makes quality product - there's no doubt about that. They are equally aggressive with their marketing, so I'm not surprised were over the line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom