CAT 3208TA 375hp Aftercooler Cores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baileydogg

Hello, everyone.

Our boat is in need of at lest one new aftercooler core. Engines are Caterpillar 3208TA 375HP versions. I pulled both aftercooler cores out after recently purchasing this boat. One is certainly leaking raw water and the other may be as well. The shop here in Stuart, FL condemned the leaking one and the second may not be too far behind.

The real problem: Cat (per Pantropic Power in West Palm Beach, FL) says there are none available, and that Cat does not have an ETA on restocking.

Is anyone aware of any available within the United States?

Thank you,
BD

Welcome aboard from Au Gres. Sorry I can’t help with the cores you need.

BD,
I cannot help you source new cores, but if (when) you do find them, read up on aftercooler maintenance on Tony Athens' website sbmar.com. Under Tony's Tips and in the forums there is a wealth of free info. Most aftercoolers require fairly frequent off engine maintenance, and they will last longer with less issue if Tony's procedures are followed.

How do you run your engines? Are you using the HP that needs the cooling? It maybe if you run below the 200hp range you could by pass. We cruise our 375TA’s at 1400 to 1600 rpm which is well below needing the after cooler. Just a thought.

How do you run your engines? Are you using the HP that needs the cooling? It maybe if you run below the 200hp range you could by pass. We cruise our 375TA’s at 1400 to 1600 rpm which is well below needing the after cooler. Just a thought.

Yup. You can just bypass them in this mode.

Back
Top Bottom