Old 12-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #41
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Our vessel when new came with Chinese props. The prop engineering and spec sheets for the props were part of the design package. This package and the 4 blade props have been spot on for 15 years and trouble free.

Taiwan and China have been in the marine heavy metal business for a very long time. Anyone know where Fleming, Outer Reef, Nordhavn etc props are made?

sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #42

City: Campbell River
Vessel Model: 40' TollyCraft Sundeck
Very true there are hundreds and if not thousands of Tai Tubs running around 40 or 50 years later with the same props. So at some point there had to be quality built parts.

But than again even in our own countries today things are built to throw away in a few years, it's a disposable life we live in now.

My parents said for years when I was growing up "things are built like they used to". Well now that I am up in years I get it!
Things aren't built at all like they were 50 yrs ago, like grammas waffle iron and blender. The list could go on and on.
Other than the reduced cost of overseas merchandise, not sure on quality these days. I guess if your local reputable prop shop will back up there products they sell you, that's all you got!

Okydowky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #43

City: Campbell River
Vessel Model: 40' TollyCraft Sundeck
Did you say Fleming!!

Not sure if the picture will attach, I will try. Found this little tub down the road from our boat. At 78' it's quite impressive to see out of the water.

Now if I can get a couple props like they got from Taiwan, I am in… I was told each prop cost $50K with the option of the 2 under water cameras pointing at each prop.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4697.jpg  

Okydowky is offline   Reply With Quote