Owner's phone number displayed on boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...last night we had a huge windstorm in our area. We already had the boat tied up good, extra lines out, etc. But went to check on it. It was fine. But we found a piece of somebody's brand new canvas floating in the water and fished it out. It matched the color and edge trim of the boat I found it next to, so I dropped it in his lazarrette and sent the owner a text with the picture of the canvas and what I did with it. He replied it was his and thanked me, and was going to head to his boat to check on everything else.

I got his number from the card in his boat window.

I could have lashed it to a rail (don't know where it went) and left, and he would have found it. But that let him know it was off and what was up.

Great reason to have your contact info displayed on the boat. The person most able to assist is a Good Samaritan/dock neighbor standing near your boat observing the issue. In my case, my municipal marina Harbormaster's Office is only staffed during 'business hours' and is closed on weekends.

After 6 months on the boat, the vinyl window signs still look as good as new. For about $10 per sign, it's the cheapest part I've bought for the boat and one that provides me with peace of mind knowing that friends or strangers on the dock can contact me at a moment's notice.

Since they are removable vinyl stick-on signs, they can be removed and reinstalled as needed, but I have not found a reason to remove one yet.

attachment.php

Hey Al - Looks good! You make those yourself? Or...?? Would not mind having similar on our Tolly. - Cheers! Art

Hey Al - Looks good! You make those yourself? Or...?? Would not mind having similar on our Tolly. - Cheers! Art

I mentioned them in this post on this thread. I designed them and made them through VistaPrint.

Reactions: Art

You want Al's phone number posted on your boat? (sorry, couldnt resist)

Originally Posted by Art View Post

You want Al's phone number posted on your boat? (sorry, couldnt resist)

Dan - Look up the meaning of "similar"! - lol :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Art View Post

Dan - Look up the meaning of "similar"! - lol :popcorn:
What are you suggesting? That Dan doesn't want to include Al's wife's name on the sign for his boat? :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom