Slip for rent Chesapeake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
Planning loop trip. Looking for a slip to rent somewhere in Chesapeake. Marina or behind your house. Or even a mooring ball if you know and trust the area.
40 foot trawler, 4’ draft. Need for about 14 days April 2024. Willing to pay for longer if need be. Thanks for looking.

Sommers Cove in Crisfield, MD has worked well for me over the years. Was there in the beginning of October and would doubt you will find a better weekly rate on their very nice floating dock.

The monthly rate for this year was $10 per foot and either $5 or $10 a day for electricity.

https://www.somerscovemarina.com/about/

Ted

Are you looking for a slip in the city of Chesapeake or on the Chesapeake Bay? It's possible our boat will still be South and our dock will be open. We haven't firmed up when we're coming back yet so if we can help, we would be glad to do so.

Are you looking for a slip in the city of Chesapeake or on the Chesapeake Bay? It's possible our boat will still be South and our dock will be open. We haven't firmed up when we're coming back yet so if we can help, we would be glad to do so.

Looking pretty much anywhere right now. Where are you?

South near Portsmouth works or even at the top near CD Canal.

Last edited:
Planning loop trip. Looking for a slip to rent somewhere in Chesapeake. Marina or behind your house. Or even a mooring ball if you know and trust the area.
40 foot trawler, 4’ draft. Need for about 14 days April 2024. Willing to pay for longer if need be. Thanks for looking.
To clarify on the Chesapeake Bay.

Our dock is on the Western shore of the bay, just off of the bay on Dividing Creek. Halfway between the Rappahannock & Potomac rivers. 1 1/2 hours to RIC in Richmond and 2 hours to ORF in Norfolk. We're very rural but we like it that way.

Looking pretty much anywhere right now. Where are you?

South near Portsmouth works or even at the top near CD Canal.

When I leave my boat for a couple of weeks, I'm always concerned about how safe a location it is if there's a storm. Probably the safest marina I've left my boat in is Summit North marina. It's on the C&D canal and is probably hurricane proof. It has floating docks and high ground surrounding the marina. Generally the transients are on the L shaped floating dock along the South side of their channel. Not a pretty marina, but safe with good rates for extended stays. Have left my boat there several times, and would do so again.

Screenshot_20231106_174309_Maps.jpg

https://www.summitnorthmarina.com/

Ted

Our dock is on the Western shore of the bay, just off of the bay on Dividing Creek. Halfway between the Rappahannock & Potomac rivers. 1 1/2 hours to RIC in Richmond and 2 hours to ORF in Norfolk. We're very rural but we like it that way.

If you think you might have it available, I'd be interested. I am thinking I only need a slip for 7-10 days. Travel to and from an airport is a minor inconvenience.

What is the depth in Summit? I motored by there just last week and the "night watchman" could not answer.

What is the depth in Summit? I motored by there just last week and the "night watchman" could not answer.

First, it's tidal from both the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays. As I've never come or left at low tide, I'm not absolutely certain. Don't think I've seen less than 8' in their channel, the fuel dock, or the transient dock. My recollection is several feet of tidal change. Call the office during normal business hours.

Ted

If you think you might have it available, I'd be interested. I am thinking I only need a slip for 7-10 days. Travel to and from an airport is a minor inconvenience.

I'll find out when my wife has spring break this year and let you know today. She's an educator in SC and our boating travel is determined by her schedule, until we're both fully retired.

If it turns out that we can help with a vacant slip, my mail is shawnfay2016@gmail. The PM on this site doesn't work so great for me.

They dredged it last winter. There is a 6' hump at the entrance at low tide; plenty of water once inside.

Back
Top Bottom