Maine pit stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roger L

Veteran Member
Purchased boat in NS depending on COVID restrictions I will move boat myself or I will have to have it delivered to Maine by a captain. I am looking for a good landing spot from Chester NS (south coast) in Maine. Timing will be late May early June and from what I have heard finding a spot could be difficult because of high demand. I will also need to provision for the rest of the trip to Long Island. Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Roger,

Coming into the US you will have to do customs etc and so your choices are limited. I have cleared into Eastport and Northeast Harbor but for good shopping and boat services and fuel Rockland would be a better bet. Journeys End Marina is right in the middle of town.

What make/size is the boat? Beyond clearing customs, what kind of "spot" are you looking for? There are lots of good anchorages, and transient dockage can generally be found without too much effort. You should be able to stow all the provisions you need in Canada, but there are plenty of stops along the way to pick up whatever you've forgotten. Fuel is readily available, too.

A delivery captain will know all this, so if you're planning to use one, talk to him/her about it. If not, feel free to elaborate on what you're looking for. There are a number of us on here who are familiar with the Maine and NS coast. You can also PM me for specifics, or if you haven't found a captain yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom