Old 12-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
LBT

City: Saratoga Springs
Vessel Name: Tracy’s Landing
Vessel Model: 2011 Ranger Tug R25
Good stops between Stuart and Miami

Greetings! My husband and I will be trailering our new to us 2011 Ranger Tug R25 from upstate NY to Florida after Christmas. What suggestions do you have for live aboard marinas or anchorages between Stuart and Miami? We are also open to the Keys as well as the west coast up to Ft Myers. Once we are done with this trip, I’d be happy to share my blog with any who are interested. TIA!

LBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ and Englewood, FL
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Welcome aboard!
The first stop for us is Peck Lake a few miles south of the OWW/ICW intersection. Easy access to a beautiful beach.

1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Englewood Florida.
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
Guru

City: Carrabelle, FL
Vessel Name: Morgan
Vessel Model: '05 Mainship 40T
Peck Lake is great but it gets a lot of big wakes through it, sometimes dangerously large wakes. I've found that to be an issue with most of the anchorages off of the ICW in SE Florida.

The north end of Lake Worth is less wake prone, though there is no beach there to speak of.

Back to Peck Lake, I've never understood why they didn't just extend the no wake zone that is just south of the anchorage by a few hundred yards north. So many people anchor there, it seems crazy that the state didn't think of that. A lot of small boats use the anchorage as well, they pull up on the bay side beach and walk over to the Atlantic side. A few years ago when we were anchored there a 70 something Sea Ray type boat roared by the anchorage and threw a wake so big it put two center consoles and a pontoon boat up into the mangroves. Someone is going to get badly injured by a wake in there someday.

Anyway, rant over. I'm interested in following this thread.
Dougcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #4
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ and Englewood, FL
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Agree 100 percent. March of last year we got our worst waking ever right there. Cleared the vee berths and anything else not tied down at 7 am. Welcome to the east coast of FL.
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Englewood Florida.
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
LBT

City: Saratoga Springs
Vessel Name: Tracy’s Landing
Vessel Model: 2011 Ranger Tug R25
Thank you for your suggestion. We will definitely check out Peck Lake. I was hoping for some other suggestions. We will be starting from the Okeechobee Waterway and then heading south once we reach Stuart. Lisa
LBT is offline   Reply With Quote