New member intro from Sydney Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgraham

Vessel Name
Andiamo
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Europa 2010
Hullo

My wife and i purchased our second Grand Banks just over a year ago. We have previously owned a GB42 MotorYacht 2003 which we enjoyed for 8 years. Our The GB47 Europa are a rare commodity in Australia, particularly the model with the extended cockpit and solid awning. One came up for sale but unfortunately in Perth Western Australia, so we flew over and bought her. Ours is a 2010 model with 550hp Cummins. That meant a 2200 nautical mile sea trip across the notoriously rough Great Australian Bight. She made it which proved the quality of the GB brand.

Glad to share my knowledge of Grand Banks if required

Welcome aboard. There are a few Aussies on here regularly.

Welcome to TF from a fellow Aussie. That boat you have was always one of my dream boats. Fits my image of about the perfect family trawler style vessel. :thumb::flowers:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the TF, bgraham, and hearty congratulations on your new-to-you GB 47 Europa. That is a stunningly attractive boat, IMO because it evolved beyond the old GB design flaws while staying faithful to GB's aesthetics. I'd be interested in learning something more about your 2200 mile passage across the Great Australian Bight. What sort of pace did you try to maintain, and where are the stopping points along the way?

Thanks Blissboat,
I'm new to forums so bear with me.
I'm 70 years young but the thought of a passage with 6 to 8 metres sea on the long leg from Esperance to Port Lincoln is 800 nm concerned me. I engaged a Australian based crew called Ocean X Gold Coast to bring my boat across for me. I was tempted to join them but the thought of being thrown and breaking something concerned me. In earlier years i crewed on ocean going racing sail boats, but one must come to terms with ones limitations, sadly. Average speed knots with a fuel burn of 13500 litres, and 14 days.
Bob Graham

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom