New to Forum Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterGuy

Hello All.

I'm new to this forum. Thanks for accepting. I'm new to trawlers as well. I've been boating/Shipping for many years as a Merchant officer.
Finally decided to look at the prospect of owning a trawler and enjoying life as a recreational boater.
I don't like fast boats as much as I used to in my 20's and I'm on the hunt for a trawler.
Thanks again and looking to gain a wealth of knowledge via this forum.

Welcome aboard. My seagoing background was mostly as a topside officer in destroyers; so, imagine my surprise when I acquired a Grand Banks 42 which did not come equipped with a boatswain or and engineer. So much to learn, and this is your very best option to do so.

Missing them too ...

Welcome Aboard WaterGuy

... imagine my surprise when I acquired a Grand Banks 42 which did not come equipped with a boatswain or and engineer.

Retired Bubblehead here ... what I wouldn't give for a good A ganger or two to maintain my diesels. Luckily, I have a retired EMCM who runs a little local Mom & Pop troubleshooting/repair operation to work any electrical issues that pop up.

Last edited:
Paul
Welcome aboard TF. Glad to have you aboard and thank you for your service.
Owning a trawler is not required but the desire helps.

Welcome to Trawler Forum.

Home of the Slow Ride - :)

Welcome to the Forums. Summer time is here to spend hours and hours looking at boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom