Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone! :)

Thank you for allowing and welcoming me to this amazing forum.

I'm Karen and new to the forum.

A 30-year dream of mine has been to buy a converted 50'+ trawler to live in with my Irish Wolfhounds and permanently move to WA (my username is a combination of two IWs who have passed away).

A Melbournite, we endured one of the harshest covid restrictions / lockdowns in the world and that, combined with living with a beanie constantly on my head (Melbourne is chilly! :eek:) sharpened / honed my need and desire to kick my dream into reality - asap!

So I'm a newbie and a novice, and am eager to accept any advice and information and skills-share you can all impart.

Thanks again,
Kind regards
Karen

Welcome to the forum; it will do you a lot of good! We USA-centric folks might at first blush think WA meant Washington state, but proper reading of your post reveals the truth of the matter. Great dream!

Irish wolfhounds?! Yikes. We would never be without our 28lb dog on board, but that's a lot of canine.

Welcome, ironically from the least locked down state in the US, where COVID almost didn't exist and we still held the state fair in the summer of '20.

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard Karen! From rain sodden Sydney.
A move to sunny Western Australia eh? Very different considerations apply depending whether you acquire the boat in WA, or in Melbourne to motor it across. Way simpler if it`s the former.
Hope it goes well. Not currently a dog owner, maybe one day again,I`ve held one too many paws at the end.

Yes, indeed, welcome to TF Karen, from another fellow Aussie. Sounds a good plan, although as Bruce said, getting the boat over in Fremantle or Perth, or possibly Mandura, would be easier that obtaining one over on the east coast and having to sail her across. Not impossible, but it would be an adventure - exciting even..? :D

Yes, indeed, welcome to TF Karen, from another fellow Aussie. Sounds a good plan, although as Bruce said, getting the boat over in Fremantle or Perth, or possibly Mandura, would be easier that obtaining one over on the east coast and having to sail her across. Not impossible, but it would be an adventure - exciting even..? :D
Quite so Peter, but my only experience of Fremantle>Melbourne was a RCCL cruise west>east.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom