Cheoy Lee 66 Port Stephens Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sartorius

We are new members. We recently bought a completely refitted, wide body Cheoy Lee 66 in Queensland, Australia. It was originally called Anhinga and from Florida. Our initial voyage down the East coast from The Gold Coast to Port Stephens was great. We encountered a stiff 4 metre southerly...everything worked perfectly. The 3306 cats and the stabilisers were great.
WE HOPE TO LEARN A LOT IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS AND PLAN A FEW TRIPS. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHER CHEOY LEE OWNERS
SCOT AND SANDIE
SARTORIUS

Attachments

• Sartorius Port Stephens.jpg
    Sartorius Port Stephens.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 308
  • anhinga.jpg
    anhinga.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Ah, what a boat. My favourite passagemaker I think. More please. Pics of interior..?

Guys,
Welcome on board.
It would appear you gave the new vessel a nice work out in getting her home.
You will find quite a few Aussie members on line here and a fair few Southerners.
She looks like one fine vessel, I agree with Peter b , some more pics would be appreciated.
Did you buy her as is or have to do a bit of a refit before going to sea.
Cheers
Benn

Beautiful boat! Welcome aboard.

First impression - "wow". This is a beautiful little ship! Congratulations!

welcome aboard. That looks like a very nice boat!

Nice boat! The paint job really makes her look less "bulky" than an all white one.

Welcome.

Hi Scot and Sandie,

We own an almost identical CL66. The layout of Sorpresa is a little different as she was refitted in 2007 with a newer galley and upper deck.

We love the iroom and seakindliness of these boats. The space onboard really is incredible. My brief was for a roomy LRC but still OK for wife and I to handle on our own and we couldn't be happier.

We are presently in Sausalito but will head back to Australia next winter. Look forward to seeing you in Port Stephens as our home port will be Bobbin Head (next to 2007 CL66 Tokeresa). I'd be interested in any more photos or sea stories of your boat. I love your blue hull too.

Attachments

• IMG_8648small.jpg
    IMG_8648small.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Hi,I know this is an old thread,better late than never.
We also own a CL66, MV Theresa ex Newport (Pittwater) now Glaziers Bay,Southern Tasmania on the Huon River.
Theresa is an older boat,still classy though,she is a real little ship.Super comfortable cruiser.
We looked at you boat when she was on the market,beautiful boat.I hope your enjoying her as much as we are enjoying Theresa.
Cheers Craig and Tracey.

She is a beautiful vessel. Enjoy your trips on her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom