Holiday Wishes and Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: While Merry and Happy and all the other holiday wishes are appreciated, there are massive numbers of our neighbors and neighbors around the world for whom those words ring even emptier than they normally do this year.

So, I ask one thing of all and it is this. Regardless of all the good you do during the year, find one person to reach out to, one person to make their holiday better. One person whose story you listen to and then assist directly. Not an organization to give to unless you are doing so on behalf of one specific person. Just imagine if everyone doing well reached out and found one person struggling to survive, to feed their family, to keep shelter, to pay for medicine, to grieve over losses of family members. Imagine if each of us doing well, helped one person suffering. There would be no one un-helped. When measured against what most of us have, the help needed by most is so little.

Much of the need is because we don't know. We don't know the people suffering or their needs. That's why I'm encouraging everyone to reach out and find someone. I read about an 84 year old lady evicted and no where to go and I know that if she was known by the members here they would have helped her. I know 25% of the children of Miami are food challenged right now and yet I believe everyone here would invite one if they knew them in for a nice meal or give the parents a gift card to a grocery store.

Check with a homeless shelter or battered shelter or any social services worker. If you want to feel the true spirit of the holidays then you will when you give a small gift to one for whom it is an incredible present. There are miracles. I do believe in them. They happen and can happen through us. So, my dream is for each of us here to be someone's miracle this holiday season. :)

Back
Top Bottom