Simrad Wifi Setup, First Gen NSS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gdavid

Guru
Vessel Name
Graceland
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK1
Is anyone successfully running the Simrad (Navico) wifi router integrated into a first generation NSS multifunction display and using a tablet or phone to control it remotely? If so what app are you using on tablet?

My boat came with this system and I would like to get it working but from what I can tell it was never configured or functional. The MFD (NSS8) works fine, it is running the sounder, chart plotter and is connected RS 35 VHF for AIS receiver (only) function. I would like to be able to connect a tablet via wifi and use it at the other helm station. The wifi router was not turning on when I bought the boat and I found that the yellow wire was not connected to anything, it is now tied to the red 12V positive and the unit powers on but the MFD does not seem to recognize it, it did appear once under the device list but I cannot find it again. The manual for the router does not seem to apply for this MFD but the prior owner purchased them all at the same time and I have the receipt from the install, suggesting it was intended to be installed and up and running. The current SIMRAD app does not seem to support the MFD I have.

Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Your tablet's wifi must be to the MFD's address. Then usw Simrad's Link app.

Your tablet's wifi must be to the MFD's address. Then usw Simrad's Link app.

Thank you. I am not sure if the MFD is seeing the wifi router, does it need to be configured to it in any way? It is connected physically via the network cable.

Back
Top Bottom