Sign of Death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
While I am waiting for cables to create a NEMA2000/SeatalkNG network, I got this today.

Suggestions?View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_20211002_124006361_MP.jpg
    IMG_20211002_124006361_MP.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 44
Try holding down the left-most softkey while turning the unit on. Keep holding it down (release the power button when it turns on) the until the countdown reboots the processor. That might fix it.

Thanks Boomer, I’ll try that tomorrow. I had a problem with not getting enough gps satellites aquifer, and I found out by a google search that the rs125 unit had an internal battery (not mentioned in the owners manual). So I put in a new battery and turned it on to the blank/grey screen.

When in doubt reboot, yes.

The RS125 is a separate unit providing GPS via NMEA/Seatalk. Unless you managed to short out the cabling somehow it doesn't seem like that would affect the chart plotter.

A factory reset could be in order for that C70. But understand that would lose any tracks or other data stored.

This seems to show the same problem you've got:

This point in the video mentions the common reason:

Thanks for the reboot suggestions. There were no tracks or waypoints to save so that was one less worry.

I got a good screenIMG_20211003_172819901.jpg,

But got this after a few minutes of having established a fix.IMG_20211003_172834534.jpg

The southern horizon view is clogged by 20-30 sailboat masts so I don’t know if that’s a factor.

I can wait a few minutes to get a gps fix but lose it pretty quickly.

This is not fatal as I also navigate with my iPad using my vesper gps and with my laptop also using the Vesper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom