Having trouble finding perfect lighting for under overhang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
The overhang over my cockpit is pretty good sized and already bought 2 different sets of led floodlights and tried mounting them over the door facing aft,and mounting them on port and starboard and the lighting is either blinding you for that one second,or just not good enough,any ideas,maybe a dome light or who knows,what kind of lights are in your overhang

I don’t have an overhang like yours but I do have 2 LED dome lights on the bottom of the radar arch and they provide adequate light, but not reading light brightness. I agree that spotlights will probably be blinding. Maybe buy a couple of different ones and temporarily hook them up and see how bright they are or are not. Then return the ones you don’t like.

Is your overhang hollow? If so, the recessed 'Mirage' Lumitec lights I have on my Eastbay are pretty decent, if pricey.

Lumitec Lighting » Blog Archive Mirage Flush Mount LED Down Lights by Lumitec Lighting

They work on regular wiring but allow you to flick the switch on/off to adjust the color and brightness. On and it starts cycling the colors, slowly. Find the color you want, flick it off/on and then it'll start dimming, flick it off/on and it'll stay at that dimming level. For night use, flick it on/off/on/off/on (on three times quickly) and it lights up on solid red.

They make other styles, not just recessed.

Lumitec Lighting Dome Lights and Down Lights - Lumitec Lighting

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom