Laconner History Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
having a discussion about Laconner in the office this morning. If my memory serves me, as a child (like 50 yrs a go) I seem to remember an airplane that was sitting off on the East side of the channel. Does anyone remember seeing this and wondering about the story behind it?
Quick Google search didn't turn up anything.

Not a float plane, but a larger airliner. I believe it was somewhat in the area of Lattitude Marine. We'd spot the plane before coming to the orange bridge.

My first visit to LaConner was in the mid- to late-70’s and I don’t remember this.

having a discussion about Laconner in the office this morning. If my memory serves me, as a child (like 50 yrs a go) I seem to remember an airplane that was sitting off on the East side of the channel. Does anyone remember seeing this and wondering about the story behind it?
Quick Google search didn't turn up anything.
I did not see anything. I do recall a story about something, but and I may be turned around, I thought it was on the west bank, or whatever is opposite LaConner town proper.

Just saw this thread and sparked a memory... back in early 70's our family took a drive up to Anacortes for grandparent visit. Gramps had friend come by and asked if we wanted to go check out a jet that was recently barged in from somewhere. This friend was an inspector or agent or some sort and involved with the salvage. I thought he mentioned jet had a hard landing somewhere, could be wrong on that though. This was in that area from memory. Was neat to check out and as a young kid.

Just saw this thread and sparked a memory... back in early 70's our family took a drive up to Anacortes for grandparent visit. Gramps had friend come by and asked if we wanted to go check out a jet that was recently barged in from somewhere. This friend was an inspector or agent or some sort and involved with the salvage. I thought he mentioned jet had a hard landing somewhere, could be wrong on that though. This was in that area from memory. Was neat to check out and as a young kid.

Captn H, That tracks as it was a larger commercial plane that I remember. Do you remember where the plane was located that you saw?
Maybe I'm not going nuts??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom