Which model Diamond Sea Glaze window?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ex-sailor

Vessel Name
Easy Wind
Vessel Make
Pacific Trawler 40
Hi, folks.
One of our fixed salon windows had an unfortunate encounter with a pulpit-mounted anchor, which means replacing the glass at the very least. Does anybody know which model Diamond Sea Glaze windows were used in the Bellingham-built Pacific Trawlers? Has anyone replaced the glass in one of these?

I found info on gaskets on their website, but without knowing the series it's difficult to tell. Of course this happened at the start of a holiday weekend.

thanks in advance,
Carol.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 17
The diamond Sea glaze windows I had on my boat, had a number etched into the inside of the frame. You had to remove the Windows to see that number

Thanks for the info. We currently have a piece of plywood holding the remaining glass in place as it's been raining non-stop all weekend. I took a piece of the glass to measure the thickness and hopefully Diamond Sea Glaze will have some records.

Ask at your handy Auto Glass shop, if they can get you a piece of tempered glass to fit the window. I have never had any trouble doing so, even living, as I do, in a very small town. They may not do their own tempering, but can source the glass that you will need and cut it to size, before sending it on to be tempered.
Glass at the source is likely measured metrically, so try to give them the thickness in both SAE and Metric. From your picture, my sundeck tempered glass replacement panels are likely the same thickness as your door glass, 8mm, or a "nominal .25".

Back
Top Bottom