Vinyl Trim/Edging for headliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bustlebomb

Vessel Name
Snooker (for now.....)
Vessel Make
1981 34 Californian LRC
Hi all,

At the admiral’s request, we’re doing a basic re-decorate of the master state room. Part of this involves removing what was previously on the headliner and hull liner and replacing it with new.

There is a vinyl trim or edging that is used throughout the boat that I cannot find. It goes at the joint from the headliner to the hull and walls and appears to have staples already built in. This allows you to hammer it in place and pin down any errant headliner and makes for a clean border. I’ve been to several upholstery shops with no luck. I’ve also tried just about every google permutation I can think of with no match.

Does anyone know a source for this or what it is called?

IMG_5484.jpgIMG_5485.jpg

Thanks!

New development - looks like it’s a folding piece. You staple through it and then it folds up and over, covering the staples. Have a better idea of how it works, still can’t find it…IMG_5351.jpg

Did you look on Sailrites website? They may have it.

Also try Macmaster Carr

Thanks. Both good suggestions but, so far, no luck.

It looks to me like it could be a strip of cable concealer. I use something like that in the house to hide power cords and HDMI cables around the TV. Mine are rigid plastic, but they open up just like yours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom