Looking for Replacement lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Panacea
Vessel Make
Oceania Sundeck 35
Looking for a replacement lock for our 35 foot trawler sliding door.it is a skeleton key lock

You will need to post some photos of the old one if we are to help you. Too many locks out there to guess without seeing the old one. Have you tried fixing it? Some are repairable

I had one door lock that wasn’t working. Took it apart and a trip to Ace to get a new spring and it is good as new now.

Boat is a 1985 Oceania Sundeck trawler (Fung Hwa) similar to Marine Trader. Here are some pictures.

I took my failing skeleton key lock to a local locksmith - not Home Depot/Lowes! a real locksmith. He did some research, identified the lock and ordered a replacement (in my case from the UK) had it shipped to WA state and it was the perfect exact lock. So my advice is take it to an expert.

I have mortise locks that have never worked properly. The problem is the removal of these locks. In removing the locks it looks like I would damage the door. If you do manage to remove the lock, tell us how you did it with pictures.

I have mortise locks that have never worked properly. The problem is the removal of these locks. In removing the locks it looks like I would damage the door. If you do manage to remove the lock, tell us how you did it with pictures.

The lock was installed after the door was built so logically it should be possible to remove it without damage unless it was trimmed out over part of the lock.
~A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom