Aluminum primer - paint on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulB.

Veteran Member
I am planning on tackling the aluminum window and door frames that the paint is flaking off. I have seen some good how to do it in archives BUT all of the primer products I have found are spray on and I would like a brush on product. Does anyone have experience with one they can recommend? Home Depot has a Rustoleum that seems well regarded?
Thanks

The Rustoleum aluminum primer can be used with a brush or roller.

One of its delights is it is a fantastic primer for galvanized.

Water based , but after a day or two drying it can be overcoated with water or oil based product.

i had a aluminium utility mast changed the firm send me to a industial paint shop and they advice me to use a 2 component epoxie resent designd for first covering of aluminium the stuf had a working span of 30min afther mixing, then it went as sirop.
its thick and can be applyed with brush or roler (i can t spray) not very cheap but seems very good stuf they use it on fishing boats and comurcial boats
Best regards,
Patrick

I am planning on tackling the aluminum window and door frames that the paint is flaking off. I have seen some good how to do it in archives BUT all of the primer products I have found are spray on and I would like a brush on product. Does anyone have experience with one they can recommend? Home Depot has a Rustoleum that seems well regarded?
Thanks

most good primers that are for spray application can be brushed or rolled as well. you could always do a preval sprayer for small spray jobs too. not ideal but it gets the job done.

Like @FF said, I used Rustoleum self etching primer and it worked great on both aluminum and galvanized. Make sure to clean off the powdery AL oxide. Prep well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom