Ultrasonic hull cleanig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoflew

Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee Europa
G'day All. I own a 38' Europa trawler, single diesel, 13' beam. It is a barnacle magnet. I have investigated several different systems and was wondering if any of you have installed or seen the use of this type of preventative hull cleaner. I was amazed at the dearth of knowledge of these systems here in Chesapeake Bay area. Any light any of you may shine on this subject would be most appreciated. Thanks, John

This question came up recently on a different forum. Seems that the two main variables are which brand you get and where you boat. I have CleanAHull (out of Australia) on my Nordic Tug 37 in Puget Sound (WA) and it makes a huge difference. In my marina, we get mussels growing in thru-hulls but I’ve had none since installing the ultrasound four years ago. These must be installed on a clean hull and run 24/7, so there is an ongoing battery drain when on the hook. Hope that helps.

I wish someone would do a "twin study" by installing on one side of a catamaran and comparing. Otherwise, sounds like it might be the next Algea-X

Although Doug's limited experience sounds promising (limited meaning one boat with only anecdotal evidence), I am still concerned that mvweebles could be right :)
I am a bit of a "doubting Thomas" until there is more testing and information available.

Back
Top Bottom