TF Member CarDude tests disaster again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have no plans for the summer right now, so PM me when you are ready and we can go down and bring her up if needed using a one-way car rental. We certainly know the way that's for sure. :)

I will have to wear a mask though as I don't want anyone to see me on a boat with a mast! :)

Ha, you would definitely be slumming on little Bijou compared to Sonas. Thanks for the offer, and I’ll let you know how things shake out here. We have a slip reserved at the Marina at Ortega Landing, next to Hobo (when they get back from the Bahamas).

Ha, you would definitely be slumming on little Bijou compared to Sonas. Thanks for the offer, and I’ll let you know how things shake out here. We have a slip reserved at the Marina at Ortega Landing, next to Hobo (when they get back from the Bahamas).

Great choice of marina.

Just let us know because we need to provision with enough red wine for the trip!

giphy.webp

Made it home this evening. No boat to hang out on here in Texas, but a pretty good view from my quaranteen bedroom upstairs.[emoji40]

Congratulations, Dude! You have an awesome quarantine room, with a porch to boot. Morning coffee on the porch always gets me reflecting on the last cruise, which leads directly into planning the next cruise.

Your next challenge will be overcoming boredom. Fortunately, Yachtworld has lots of boats to peruse. You can also review the entire "Interesting Boats" thread, or even visit TF's sister ship, Cruisers Forum....

Big grin,
Mrs. Trombley

Omg, look what Dave (Wayfarer) sent me.

I feel complete again!
[emoji30][emoji30]

Thanks Dave. That brightened up an otherwise cold, rainy day.

IMG_8275.jpgIMG_8277.JPG

Last edited:
Jeez, ya look good Bill. Nurse Jewell taking good care of you. Nice gift from Dave on Wayfarer. Continue your good convalescing..

Jeez, ya look good Bill. Nurse Jewell taking good care of you. Nice gift from Dave on Wayfarer. Continue your good convalescing..

She and the boys are making me a chocolate rum (not pink) pie right now, so yeah, I can’t complain.

How’s the tug boat business?

Now Bill, that’s not an honest representation of your rather bleak and disappointing delivery of what should have been a bouncing baby appendix. In fact, the hospital sent us a photo of the real thing...ah yeah, here it is.

Attachments

• 177E5D01-6467-4E2E-B2FE-0A87EA05A511.jpg
    177E5D01-6467-4E2E-B2FE-0A87EA05A511.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
Now Bill, that’s not an honest representation of your rather bleak and disappointing delivery of what should have been a bouncing baby appendix. In fact, the hospital sent us a photo of the real thing...ah yeah, here it is.

OMG...pink rum result no doubt....Or late nights hanging with John Baker, Wendy and other sordid characters..

OMG...pink rum result no doubt....Or late nights hanging with John Baker, Wendy and other sordid characters..

Hey I cast that pink rum aside....although it was curiously interesting...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill, where do you need your boat delivered?? I am sitting around doing nada.....

Hey I cast that pink rum aside....although it was curiously interesting...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bill, where do you need your boat delivered?? I am sitting around doing nada.....

It’s still at the work yard marina in Stuart, Apex Marine. Need to get it to Jacksonville where we have a slip arranged next to Hobo. I can’t really remember exactly how it happened, but it got arranged somehow one night during the TF meeting. [emoji12]

It’s no big rush right now, and if things calm down enough in a month or two I can drive over to FL and move it. But if this thing lasts into the summer I’d like to get it out of there before hurricane season. It’s not well protected at all.

It’s still at the work yard marina in Stuart, Apex Marine. Need to get it to Jacksonville where we have a slip arranged next to Hobo. I can’t really remember exactly how it happened, but it got arranged somehow one night during the TF meeting. [emoji12]

It’s no big rush right now, and if things calm down enough in a month or two I can drive over to FL and move it. But if this thing lasts into the summer I’d like to get it out of there before hurricane season. It’s not well protected at all.

Well keep me posted. What would that be....4 days in the ICW?

I think it’s like 250 miles or so, so more like 5 days probably at around 8 hours a day. It’s a slow boat. ⛵

Will keep you posted for sure. Thanks.

Which marina.? Me and the missus can do that for you as well if needed.

10 hour days, 6kts motoring - 60 km per day.

Stuart is at MM ~985.

Day one end ~ 925. - anchor around Melbourne MM 918.

Day two end around MM 860 is a bit trickier as that run takes you to the more open mosquito lagoon anchorages, or stop short at Titusville. Can anchor by the mooring balls there.

Day three, Absolutely Palm coast Marina at MM 803.

Day four, Palm Cove Marina or Beach Marine in JAX Beach at MM 747.

Day five, Ortega Landing or other marina depending on where you have booked.

Here to help if needed, and obviously know the run.

We are booked at Ortega Landing, but it’s kind of an open booking. I have a deposit down and slip assignment, but they understand my predicament so they just said show up when I can. I will definitely let y’all know if I can’t get there to move her.

My preference is to do the move myself and make a little trip out of it, but that might not be possible for various reasons, so I definitely appreciate the offers.

I hope all goes well with YOU and the move. Just don't push too hard and hurt yourself.

Wifey B: Glad you're home and better, Carman. For any comparing to regular appendectomies, they're missing you having it rupture first, an explosion of all sorts of crap all through the inside of your body. Appendix is right in the middle of all these important parts from all I know which isn't much as I didn't much like biology. :eek:

Not having support there with you, as in your wife, had to make things much worse and likely compromised your recovery without her to look over you and defend you. So many going through that right now in isolation. :ermm:

Follow every instruction you were given, religiously. Don't think "oh I'm doing better, I'm fine, I'm well" and do something stupid. Don't fret (don't know why I'm using that word, but just fit) over the boat or anything else. Television, Computer, I'm sure some walking prescribed, perhaps labs around the bedroom. Get well, little by little, but safely. :)

Wifey B: Television, Computer, I'm sure some walking prescribed, perhaps labs around the bedroom. :)

Labs around the room are highly recommended. I've had good luck with Golden Retrievers, too :thumb:

(I jest, but join in sending good, healing thoughts. It's like one of the new memes says: Finally, a time when you can be a hero by just staying home and lying on the couch.)

We are booked at Ortega Landing, but it’s kind of an open booking. I have a deposit down and slip assignment, but they understand my predicament so they just said show up when I can. I will definitely let y’all know if I can’t get there to move her.

My preference is to do the move myself and make a little trip out of it, but that might not be possible for various reasons, so I definitely appreciate the offers.

Great choice.

Keep us in mind, always looking to get on the water, and we know the route - in fact I often recite the stops and anchorages to people from memory! And all of the sights to see along the way. I guess having been up and down there most years since 2002!

Another option is for you and the missus to be on board and let us do the heavy lifting. We'll bring the copious amounts of wine and Captain Morgan!

Labs around the room are highly recommended. I've had good luck with Golden Retrievers, too :thumb:

(I jest, but join in sending good, healing thoughts. It's like one of the new memes says: Finally, a time when you can be a hero by just staying home and lying on the couch.)

Wifey B: Took me awhile to figure out what I meant. Laps. :banghead:

I’m usually the last to know everything so Watfa and I wish you and Jewell the best to getting well. Watfa has a bottle of wine to share with you but none of that pink ****. :)

Fish: I think Bill is probably well on his way to recovery, as indicated by his consumption of a gourmet (home made) rum pie topped with rum whipped-cream and a sauerkraut hotdog, all within 24 hours of arriving home. Meanwhile, the lawn mower awaits.

I just caught this thread. Glad to hear everything turned out OK with surgery and you're back home in better spirits and comfort.

Larry

I’ve been thinking it might have been that Pink crap he tried to get everyone to drink at Ft Pierce. We had some serious drinkers there who wouldn’t touch the stuff, it might have been an appendix destroyer, long acting. Jewell wouldn’t drink it but did partake of wine. Smart woman.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Thanks for the positive vibes, y’all. I’m still isolated upstairs after my hospital visit (only 8 more days to go!). I do mask up and glove up and cover up any skin, and go outside once or twice a day however to walk around, check on the pool, etc, when I can sneak through the house unnoticed. Usually early in the AM.

I am getting a little bored reading and playing with my new stuffed appendix, so I ordered a new Yamaha full size weighted key keyboard so I can perform for the neighbors on the balcony. It should be here tomorrow. I’m not a very good player so we will see how that goes with the neighbors. [emoji30]

This is the one I got. I’m thinking after this is over I’ll put it on the boat so I can annoy people at various anchorages and marinas.
https://youtu.be/_mZ8xFhrDuE
(This dude can really play!)

Here’s a song I was working on before I got sick, for comparison. [emoji30]

https://youtu.be/xTx7R1VPSIc

Car Dude

Your a man of many talents, Jewel wasn’t kidding. Enjoy your keyboard and get well but don’t drink anymore of that pink ****. :)

I still can’t see your pics RT. I even fired up the Mac to look, but just shows a “?”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom