SW Florida boat yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkmacleod

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gracious
Vessel Make
Defever Downeast
Hi fellow Mariners, unfortunately I had a bit of a fender bender today in the Franklin locks westbound after transiting Okeechobee. Messed up the swim platform, dinghy and railing. Do any members know of a good repair yard in this general area? We’re in Fort Myers now. Thanks for any tips.

Owl Creek, in Alva, which you passed on your way. There was just a thread the other day on this exact subject.

Please avoid Owl Creek at all costs. 2 years ago we had them do a bottom job and also had them do a wax job while it was out. The wax job was horrible, you could see swirls all over the boat while it was still on the stands. When I questioned the yard manager he simply said...you won't notice once it's in the water. We had to completely re-do the job once we got to the Keys.

The bottom job came in well over the quoted price. This time his answer was "we had to fix some blisters". No, they absolutely did not, nothing bigger than a quarter and they've been the same since we've owned the boat. Besides, how do you properly fix blisters and put on 2 coats of paint in 5 days? Don't they need time to dry?

I wish I could help by recommending a good yard in the area but that's the only one we've ever used. You may Try Molly's down in Naples, I've heard good things but, again, never been there.

Back
Top Bottom