Southwestern yacht club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimdavi

Vessel Name
Couple’s Retreat
Vessel Make
2019 North Pacific 45
Spent the weekend in San Diego looking at houses and marinas. Checked out a few yacht clubs. Wondering about length of waiting lists for normal 45 slip. Also, is anyone a member of SWYC?

Might take a look at Sunroad (Safe Harbor now) on Harbor Island....Been there on and off with 4 different boats over the years and it's a good marina....Expensive but good people.....They do have openings frequently....I am in a 45' slip there now.....

Southwestern has a good reputation here in SD but I have no personal knowledge of the club....I do know some people who belong and they speak highly of it......

We looked into Southwestern at the beginning of Covid and considered it strongly, they even were running discounted memberships. They have limited slips in our size (36') and said it would be 2-3 years, expect it to be longer now. No individual slips, all doubles and they are on the narrow side. It's a nice club with good folks. Strong sailing presence, especially for the PHRF fleet, spend plenty of time there in my racing days. People there aren't snooty like SDYC.

We were members awhile back, but no longer and are currently unaffiliated. Nice facilities, good club vibe, a lot of families, strong sailing program especially for the kids. You will have a looooong wait to get that size boat in to a slip.

Spent the weekend in San Diego looking at houses and marinas. Checked out a few yacht clubs. Wondering about length of waiting lists for normal 45 slip. Also, is anyone a member of SWYC?

We have been members of SWYC for 30 odd years and really love it. You would need a 46 foot slip. You would have to be a member to get on the waiting list. The waiting lists are constantly updated and posted on the club bulletin board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom