Sliding door removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island15

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Little Missy
Vessel Make
CHB
I have a 34 CHB and I need to refinish the sliding cabin door.
I can see I need to remove the block at the bottom rail, it has a screw to remove. But I cannot figure out how to get the top block removed no screw visible. I tried to tap it out the backside but it won't budge! Thanks

Hmmmm...
I simply lifted the door up and it cleared the bottom rail. Pivot out a little and the rollers came off the upper track. Takes 5 seconds and no screwdriver required. Your setup might be different though.

You might want to look at this thread...
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s10/salon-doors-1875.html

Last edited:
If you are talking about the pocket door to the aft cabin then WayneD is right sort of. I pulled our door off last weekend and no tools are required. There was no upper track and what you do is close the door most of the way then lift/tilt the starboard end up and toward the aft end of the boat. Keep working it and it will come off. Putting it back on is a similar process only the other way.

No sorry the exterior door to the cabin. It will not just lift out, I was a finish carpenter for 35 years and have fixed thousands of doors just not my own:banghead:

O' That door! :)

I've been looking at that as well. I have seen a couple of screws on the bottom side of that block (I think) that I thought about pulling, but haven't. I've also thought about removing the screws that hold the brass rail that the door slides on and seeing if the door will then tilt out.

Let me know what finally works for you.

On my Albin, I was forced to remove the wooden trim aft of the door. Plus all the door hardware like the handle and lockset.

pete

O' That door! :)

I've been looking at that as well. I have seen a couple of screws on the bottom side of that block (I think) that I thought about pulling, but haven't. I've also thought about removing the screws that hold the brass rail that the door slides on and seeing if the door will then tilt out.

Let me know what finally works for you.

This worked for me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom