North Pacific NP45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i inked the deal on hull 4510. Should be in Blaine next week. Talk about jumping in the deep end.

Congrats. Was just on mine today!

A few comments

--With diesel forced air heat available in the PH why is a red dot heater needed?

We don't have forced air heat and don't plan to winter aboard in Connecticut. The Red Dot is to heat the pilot house on cooler days heading north or south.

Rob

So i inked the deal on hull 4510. Should be in Blaine next week. Talk about jumping in the deep end.

Congratulations! Happy to help in any way I can. Ours should arrive in Philladelphia 6 June.

Rob

Magna,
Congrats on the new boat. NP makes a great, good looking boat. Have you decided on a name yet?
Good luck, especially during these very unusual times, and enjoy. I am sorry I have lost count on the hull numbers. Is this factory new, or new to you? Really irrelevant, but just curious.

It is a new boat. When we were looking at different trawlers built in our area we were unable to go across the border due to closures. We figured the process would take a year or two so we were looking at floor plans and sorta putting a wish list together and looking at the used market. Trevor never said anything about having number 10 but as we continued to talk to American tug, Nordic and north pacific and an idea of what we wanted started getting more solid Trevor told us he had number 10. Due to very sad reasons ,that i will not go into on the forum, hull 10 was unable to be taken.
Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Well, Trevor seems like a "stand up" guy to me, and I have never heard anything negative about him or his boats. I am sure you will enjoy your new NP 45!
Sometimes being in the right place at the right time :)
Also, sorry to hear that the person who ordered it originally wasn't able to complete.

Sometimes you fall into a good deal. You feel sorry for the original buyer but his loss turns into your gain. Good luck and have fun with your new baby. When do you take possession?

They hope to relocate from Canada to Blaine WA next week. i have been unable to see or operate the boat due to the travel restrictions. Once in Blaine they need to install heat,radar,and satellite. I am not sure how long that will take but i am a couple hours from Blaine so it will be good to see how stuff is put together .

Question - what is the longest LOA dinghy I could put on a NP45 with a davit system off the swim platform? Guidelines say 2 ft less than the beam (13’8”). The length of the swim platform is 12’1”.

Have my eyes on a 3.4M (~11’4”) but wondering about a 3.6M ( ~11’10”)

Not sure about the swim step but Trevor said the best size for top load was 10'6" and 450 pounds

This is exciting news, congratulations! Where will you be keeping her?

Hopefully the Islands will be open by the time you take possession so you can do a quick shakedown cruise on your way south.

They hope to relocate from Canada to Blaine WA next week. i have been unable to see or operate the boat due to the travel restrictions. Once in Blaine they need to install heat,radar,and satellite. I am not sure how long that will take but i am a couple hours from Blaine so it will be good to see how stuff is put together .

We will be in Blaine in June for commissioning 4512. If you’re still around would love to say “hi”

We rented a slip at Chinook marina by tacoma. We have our name at Desmoines marina but was basing our plan on a year and a half out so had to scramble. The covid makes it hard .

We will be in Blaine in June for commissioning 4512. If you’re still around would love to say “hi”
What day are they moving yours down?
ours is planed for next tuesday. They will start working on it but i am not sure how long the work will take. They have a 45 sedan at the quest dock now. were thinking about taking the motorhome up to blain and stay a week or so and get some training. I bought a tender and they will deliver it up to blaine for install so could be there till late june.

Were heading up to see her in a couple hours. They are washing her. Apparently they went through 20 knot seas. Trevor said he was impressed with how she handled it. He had not been on a 45 in that bad of wind before yesterday.

Attachments

• Resized_20200526_152214.jpg
    Resized_20200526_152214.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Resized_20200526_152921 (002).jpg
    Resized_20200526_152921 (002).jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 74
I love, love love, my 45! Have a great time.

Were heading up to see her in a couple hours. They are washing her. Apparently they went through 20 knot seas. Trevor said he was impressed with how she handled it. He had not been on a 45 in that bad of wind before yesterday.

Congrats! Trevor just sent us a picture of ours on the container ship in Shanghai. Please post pics of your first visit!

Congrats! Trevor just sent us a picture of ours on the container ship in Shanghai. Please post pics of your first visit!

Isn't it funny how small the 45 looks in the container ship but how big it looks at the dock.

Enjoy!

PS. If any of you get water in the stateroom bilge would you let me know? I'm having an issue with it and I cannot track the source. Very frustrating. Other than that one issue the boat has been problem free and very solid.

Attachments

• UOON5272.jpg
    UOON5272.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 70
PS. If any of you get water in the stateroom bilge would you let me know? I'm having an issue with it and I cannot track the source. Very frustrating. Other than that one issue the boat has been problem free and very solid.

Do you have a reverse cycle system on board, maybe condensation drip lines drain into your bilge?

Isn't it funny how small the 45 looks in the container ship but how big it looks at th

Enjoy!

I had a very small leak in the forward engine room bilge, (Small pool of water by sump pump after a few days) and located by placing paper towels at strategic locations. Found a very small leak at wash down tee, at aft wall , ( far away) of the engine room. I’d guess the forward bilge leak would be from mid compartment area, e.g. shower and air sump section. There is a drain through the bilge that connects the other compartments.

There is a water trail coming from the weep hole, from the starboard stringer. Dave R spent a lot of time trying to find the source but no joy. He tasted the water (guts!) and didn't taste salt. Trevor looked at it and shrugged.

I'm curious to know if other 45's have the same issue. If not it has to be coming from a water line or tank. It seems to collect year round so it's not seasonal - coming from outside above the water line. It's not salty so it's not coming from outside, below the water line.

Magna,
Congrats again. Post photos, and let us know if Trevor had any issues with the border crossing???
Enjoy!

Magna,
Congrats again. Post photos, and let us know if Trevor had any issues with the border crossing???
Enjoy!

Just got home and the trip went fine. I will post some photos but they all look the same really. Its white.
Trevor brought it down and had 20knot winds coming out of frazer . He was on the phone with customs when out of nowhere a huge wave came at him. He threw the phone and turned into it as fast as he could. Took water over the bow and the doors behind the helm with the electrical blew open and they broke a couple of the handles off the circuit breakers.The boat must have taken a helluva stop.
Rod

I would like to clarify my comment. I misunderstood my first conversation .It was the waves that made for a bumpy ride but Trevor has had the boats in far worse weather then this and i didn't want my comments to be interpreted that the boat couldn't take it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom