Need your advice !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are right more weight slow the roll period (you can see the difference in comfort and period between a ferry and a "cargo mineralier)

For example new (without solar panel, mast , tender, big wooden heater..) the roll period of Hoa was around 2" too quick to be "comfortable " but in the same time the stability curve was positive (without the 30m3 of the roof !!) up to 96°
After fitted all this things (mast, boom, solar panels tender etc) the roll period increase up to around 3" for us it is comfortable enough...but we lost in angle of vanishing (not sure is it the right term ? )
As wrote before : compromise
Unfortunately I can't discuss any more with NA Joubert he passed few years ago...

Same designer, near same program

Just two example from the same designer for the hull and from each owner for the cabin/roof sure on one the roll period is more long and "comfortable " but the stability is smaller...

Aurora is smaller on LOA, heavier, near same draft and also hard chine but not the same high of the center of gravity, he said at sea the hull "follow the curve of the wave"

More comfortable than Hoa but the NA said to me after the owner increase the hight of the cabin he don't want be involved anymore. (I am not clear ...again !!)

Attachments

• aurora magnetica.jpg
    aurora magnetica.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 22
  • aurora.jpg
    aurora.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 18
  • hoa-fi.jpg
    hoa-fi.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
-third lleeengthened and I let my wife cut ALL on the fly:eek:

Back to your original question, I would suggest moving the radar arch at least to the aft end of the raised pilothouse, and perhaps rake it aft even more. The reason is that the top of your pilothouse could likely hold 1kW of solar panels, nice and protected from foot traffic.

Also, what is your intended cruise speed, and do you really need twin engines?

For the solar panel

Back to your original question, I would suggest moving the radar arch at least to the aft end of the raised pilothouse, and perhaps rake it aft even more. The reason is that the top of your pilothouse could likely hold 1kW of solar panels, nice and protected from foot traffic.

Also, what is your intended cruise speed, and do you really need twin engines?

we already bought them to fit on the top of the wheelhouse , you are right 1 kw !
Now we will probably remove at less one of the big 20kw generator to put a smaller one 5/6 kw

For the engine sure they are too big ,by far , but no choice because change for one it is a too big conversion. But may be one day we will derated them from 715 hp to 350 hp and adapt the propellers why not (350hp I read somewhere it is the smallest hp for this C12
For the cruising speed normally we stay at around 80ù of the hull speed , we thinking it is a good compromise, but even 2x350 hp for this cruising speed it is even too much.

Back
Top Bottom