Its Bloody Cold In NE Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Colder than a witches you know what around here this week.

We had hoped to cruise up to Cumberland Island for four or five days this week as the weather looked like it was improving. But now that looks like it is not happening. Cold and rain. It won't get much above the feels-like thirties here tomorrow.

So tonight I took a little journey back to the good old days of 2019 and read some of our own cruising blog.

It did give me a smile. So I thought I would share.

Enjoy if you will.

Crossing Into The Tropics And Long Island | AtAnchor.com

We are docked at Hontoon Island State Park in Deland, Fl and looking at 35 degrees tonight. This is ridiculous, by the time it gets this cold up north, the boat is put away. Thank God for warm(er) daytime temps...

Hi J & M:

This has been an unusually cold winter for mid-Florida. We had a similar unusually cold year back in 2012 or 2013.

Did you cruise all the way down from WI this year?

I hope you have shore power at Hontoon Island or a generator for heat. We have used a small electric ceramic heater on our boat with great heating success. It has a "low" and a "high" wattage setting, and the low wattage setting heated our cabin beautifully when it got down to 29 degrees F in Pensacola last year.

Cheers and Stay Warm,
Mrs. Trombley

Last edited:
Was about 59F at 6am near Hollywood FL.
I planned ahead and put the reverse cycle up to about 77F in the saloon and 72F in the stateroom. This morning, niiiiice in both area.
Suppose to get to 61F tonight.
Not bad when one realizes it is much colder up north.

We’ve traveling from marina to marina to plug in. We were going to anchor all the way and see the sights, Jax, Green Cove Springs, Blue Springs, etc. but instead we beat feet to Sanford and will do the slow trip north once it warms a bit. I mean, we are Lake Superior sailors, but come on... this is ridiculous!!

Greetings,
Mr. EP. Ridiculous to be sure but still better than...

iu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom