Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn! I want similar twin "skegs" on our twin screw Tollycraft!!

I really like that boat. Reminds me of my old Hargrove designed Burger. But those twin skegs are really great. IMG_0883.JPG

Anyone know the back story? Why all that work and little use and now low price?

I really like that boat. Reminds me of my old Hargrove designed Burger. But those twin skegs are really great. View attachment 119693

Did you notice how the rudders are not balanced? I would hope there is power steering or at least hydraulic steering to help you keep it under control.

Most boat rudders have 15-20 percent of the rudder blade forward of the pivot pin, making it easier to steer. Without that balance part, it always wants to straighten out the rudder under way, fighting you when you turn the wheel.

Did you notice how the rudders are not balanced? I would hope there is power steering or at least hydraulic steering to help you keep it under control.

Most boat rudders have 15-20 percent of the rudder blade forward of the pivot pin, making it easier to steer. Without that balance part, it always wants to straighten out the rudder under way, fighting you when you turn the wheel.

There is a small amount of surface area ahead of the shaft centerline
but a bit more would likely be welcome, as you say.
At least it isn't a sailboat where helm sensitivity would be more critical.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Ad says "Cruised the Med" and was shipped over the Atlantic as deck cargo. Not enough range with the 900 gallons of diesel? Anybody hazard a guess on range?

Nice, the Limit Stalker has been for sale for a while now, video shows her better. I don't know about anything else, but (other than potential inspection and repair costs) I'd love to have that crane!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1965/custom-steel-yacht-trawler-llc-3675658/

It's also yet another example of poor QC on Yachtworld, was she built in 1965 or 1985?

I like her a lot
Timber decks on steel would have to go me thinks.
Got me stuffed how they seem to have so much room on a boat that is mostly open decked.
Looks to be similar space to ours.

Greetings,
Ad says "Cruised the Med" and was shipped over the Atlantic as deck cargo. Not enough range with the 900 gallons of diesel? Anybody hazard a guess on range?

900 gallons @ 3.5 gph usage (says the ad.) This yields 257 hours travel time. Traveling at 8.5 knots, yields 2514 miles.... Your mileage may vary.

Pretty but tight wheelhouse and rounded transom is a fail for me.

That thing was a never move liveaboard for years at Pope Island (New Bedford`,Ma). Not sure if it changed hands and ever moved recently.. On and off YW ,and other venues for a bout 15 years or so... It always looked maintained though. Impressive from the street

Last edited:
Greetings,

1800 miles

It says the hull is fiberglass, but.... one of the images appears to have wooden stringers and wooden planking just aft of the anchor locker. Maybe it is fiberglass over wood?

Attachments

• 7848252_20210416115131467_1_XLARGE.jpg
    7848252_20210416115131467_1_XLARGE.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 40
It says the hull is fiberglass, but.... one of the images appears to have wooden stringers and wooden planking just aft of the anchor locker. Maybe it is fiberglass over wood?

Video said cold molded mahogany hull.

I like her a lot
Timber decks on steel would have to go me thinks.
Got me stuffed how they seem to have so much room on a boat that is mostly open decked.
Looks to be similar space to ours.

I’ve been watching that boat for a few years - she’s berthed right near us. Would love to know her full story; might go take a look when we’re back in town.

I haven’t ever seen so many engines on a single screw boat. Has a Cummins for the hydraulics and two large Isuzu generators (20 & 42kw). Maybe you could sell those two and use the proceeds to buy a 36’ center console tender to sit on those massive decks and make use of that crane!

Anyone know the ol' 117' woodie - Deanna?? SF Bay Area. Photo in the SF Delta.

Photos come up straight when I click on em. Can't seem to get but about 30% of my photos to initially come out straight on my posts??!!

Deanna often pumps out a lot of water... water stream is on port side in the 1st photo - i.e., of her rear.

Yes, this is Adam Farrow's 117 ft vessel recently offered for sale to make room for his new sportfisher, Joker. Purchased by Bob Lee, owner of Paradise Point.

https://www.facebook.com/deanna.megayacht

Yes, this is Adam Farrow's 117 ft vessel recently offered for sale to make room for his new sportfisher, Joker. Purchased by Bob Lee, owner of Paradise Point.

https://www.facebook.com/deanna.megayacht

Thanks, Al! You're an encyclopedia of the Bay Area!!

Why would owner of Paradise Point purchase an old wooden boat... that appears to have seen better days?

Do you know... Did Bob Lee own San Geronimo Golf Course?

Thanks, Al! You're an encyclopedia of the Bay Area!!

Why would owner of Paradise Point purchase an old wooden boat... that appears to have seen better days?

Do you know... Did Bob Lee own San Geronimo Golf Course?

I'm just passing along the tidbits I heard in my meanderings. My understanding is that Deanna is a beaut...but I've never set eyes on her. I know a few folks who have enjoyed good times aboard.

Unfortunately, I don't know Bob or anything about him.

Reactions: Art
Back
Top Bottom