Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. A. Not interested, just curious. From a cursory look, it would cost more than a few $$ to convert to full pleasure use IMO.

This boat just popped up on my YouTube feed. Don’t think I’ve seen a DD 382 this cheap. And it’s a pretty new build.

I think it’s located in Malaysia however!

https://youtu.be/hyrAVUqB3lo

Owner has 80' Diesel Duck on the way. Nice Duck with lots of extras.

IMG_0310-XL.jpg

I don’t know anything about this boat except that I like the lines and paint color.

Attachments

• 566D4101-859D-4430-8A11-4D554F6ED4E9.jpg
    566D4101-859D-4430-8A11-4D554F6ED4E9.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 85
I do too Marty,
It’s a powerboat a bit like a Skipjack sailboat and and much more like a
lobster boat. The name “Cuttyhunk” may be applicable to a long time builder. An east coast boat to be sure and more specific that that probably a Chesapeake Bay boat. Fast and light w lots of twist in the bottom forward and lapstrake planking. Bottom is carvel planked to minimize drag.

Last edited:
I do too Marty,
It’s a powerboat a bit like a Skipjack sailboat and and much more like a
lobster boat. The name “Cuttyhunk” may be applicable to a long time builder. An east coast boat to be sure and more specific that that probably a Chesapeake Bay boat. Fast and light w lots of twist in the bottom forward and lapstrake planking. Bottom is carvel planked to minimize drag.

Cuttyhunk is an Island in Massachusetts. The McKenzie bass boats (of which this may be one, I can't tell from just the bow shot) are famous for having reverse lapstake on their bottom. Made to fish close to the rockie shallows in and around Buzzards bay. Legendary reputation by guides and anglers...

toocoys,
Probably not designed by a marine architect. I’m not impressed. Cute perhaps and there’s always somebody open to cute.

toocoys,
Probably not designed by a marine architect. I’m not impressed. Cute perhaps and there’s always somebody open to cute.

A brief google search tells me that these Alaskan Tug's were built by Murphy Boatworks of Lacrosse, WI. I'm having trouble finding Mr. Murphy's first name, but I read that Murphy Boatworks employed a naval architect named Nelson Zimmer.

Used to be one of those tugs would be trailered up to and launched in Powell River and head up to Alaska every year. Think it even made Passagemaker magazine. Boat's name was Popeye. Had a green hull.

Looked up Nelson Zimmer.
He was associated w a Mr. Martin Reid .. boatbuilder.
Saw many pics of wonderful boats but none looked anything like the tug posted here.
Zimmer died in 2011. But it looks like Mr Reid is still selling boat plans ... perhaps many or most are drawn by Zimmer.

You guys are posting some nice Willards. I gotta get in gear and get myself situated so I can start making some offers and give up on wanting to build.

Thats Brooksies (TF member) boat....maybe advertised in your area but I think its on the west coast of Florida.
Very surprised it hasn't sold yet.

This boat has the best interior I have seen. Cant say much for the white and blue on the exterior. Gotta get an imagination.

Bruce thank’s for posting that as she’s truly an interesting boat.
Too many of these interesting boats have been just big and expensive.

I really like this boat too. She’s kinda big but I love the hull and I gotta like the engine. I even like the cabin and deck layout. Helm is rather fwd but visibility fwd is good. She prolly rolls though. One would haft’a “tack” their course.

... And the Australian dollar is weak against the USD at the moment ;)
And unless the downgrade is already built in, may yet go lower with "official" interest rate reduction(s) looming.
Anyone check the warning sticker on the engine? Reminds me of the old rule" the only truly safe industrial machine is so heavily fitted with safety guards it cannot be used".

Interesting older Queensland style boat:https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/custom/221382.
The "Danger" warning sticker on the Gardner rear valve cover(3rd last pic) is worth a look.
Bruce,

Yup, a plain english sticker - no Aussie to US translation required :D.

BTW I have a feeling we have seen this boat before - wasn`t the question asked re the two wheels (a pretend one for the grandkids?) sadly if it was, age has caught me and I cannot remember the answers:confused:

It's the "Ice Box" I really like. Hinges and latch brings me back. Was built same year I was! Nice boat!!

BTW I have a feeling we have seen this boat before - :

Yep.
I certainly remember that large bulbous whatever-the-fek it is on the roof.
No king sized fornicatorium so instant fail from me (-;

0.8 lt per nm is not exatly "so good" if it is for 9 kts ok it is good but if it is for 7 kts it is not good because it is for a displacement of only 14t.
Compare with our ex Long-cours.62 with a weight of 32t it was :
on one engine at 1500 rpm : 7 nds and 0,81lt per nm. on one engine at 1600 rpm: 7,4 nds and 0,92lt per nm

One of my friends just try a trimaran he built, ok very light one, 15m overall, he made today 20 nm at 11 kts and he burn ...5.5 liters of gasoline !!.

Back
Top Bottom