Hynautic H-25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tellico Bob

Vessel Name
Twilight Time
Vessel Make
1986 48' Californian MY
Just had my H-25 rebuilt because it felt like I had square bearings. Rebuild shop replaced the cage and said all good. Reinstalled, bled Air from pump and proceeded to turn helm clockwise and after about 20 turns same old feeling of square bearings returned. Completed 60 turns clockwise and 60 turns counterclockwise. No change. Rebuild guy thinks it is a filter problem. Wonder if anyone out there had a similar problem.

I had a similar situation with one of the larger hynautic pumps after a rebuilt. The plastic ball cages need to be indexed and a very specific way. The ones in my pump were Miss indexed and it felt like I was grinding rocks. I was able to take it apart re-index the cages and always good

Did you clean the filter in the reservoir?
How much pressure did your pump the reservoir up to?
Did you follow the manual for bleeding the system?

Ted

Do you remember what model you had. Mine is an H-25 and I sent it in for repairs for the same reason. It had been doing this since I bought the boat in 2014 and seems to be getting worst so I pulled it out and sent it in. They replaced the cage and all was well in the shop. About 20 turns to clockwise it started doing the same thing. He thinks it may be a filter problem and not getting enough oil. I will drain it tomorrow and check the filter out but will pass this on to my guy. Thanks for your input.

On mine, with both screws backed out on the bleed block, I do 25 rotations to the left and then 25 to the right. Let it sit for an hour. Then repeat the process. This is all before bleeding the cylinder.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom