Grand Banks Stern Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floatingmick

Veteran Member
Hey folks.

Feel like I am always trying to source a part. Anyone have a source for a Grand Banks Stern navigation light? Heavy windstorm tool out ours this fall.

Thanks!

Lights are lights. Realizing that easy mounting could be most of the problem... but it might be easy enough to install a new one from AquaSignal, Hella, etc. ?

-Chris

It is a Perko light. You just need the number to hunt one down. All stainless so it can be buffed to new.

It is a Perko light. You just need the number to hunt one down. All stainless so it can be buffed to new.
I find myself trying to remember what it looked like, but I believe it was brass, and a good deal more ornate than a typical perco stern light.

Good time to upgrade to an LED nav light fixture.

Without a picture, or even the boat year/model, it's a bit hard to say it's one brand or another.

GB made use of Aqua Signal for many of the navigation lights, and Perko for various other places needing lights. My EB47 has a mix. All Aqua Signal for nav, perko for deck lighting and spreaders. I've since replaced all of the incandescent bulbs in them with LEDs from MarineBeam.com.

On mine it is stainless with a shield, same as mast light and achor light, no shield.

I replaced the tiny, low profile, chromed brass stern light sitting atop the cap rail on my 1972 GB42 with a larger, plastic Aqua Signal light mounted on a plate. The original was probably not even legally bright.

Back
Top Bottom