GIG Rowing Boats as Tenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dave,
Re the Gig Harbor "tests" I really doubt any of those numbers are practical numbers. The 9.5' Captains Gig would be most likely to go faster as it has a flatter bottom. A tender at work and a manufacturers stunt are two different things. I've seen 12' boats on a full plane w a 5hp OB.

The Point Defiance is a big 12' rowboat. It's setup for tandem rowing and is also offered as a sailboat. GH dosn't offer any dimensional specs but if you're interested I'll measure mine for you. You'll probably need to call them for the weight though. I admired this boat before I had t in the water but since I have I now "love" the Defiance.

Thanks Eric. I have the advantage that GHBW is less than a 1/4 mile from my marina. I will go down and talk to them and see if they have some boats that I can test out.

Thanks Eric. I have the advantage that GHBW is less than a 1/4 mile from my marina. I will go down and talk to them and see if they have some boats that I can test out.
I have hade some years experience with two of the GH boats The 17 ft Jersey skiff and now the 15 ft lobster boat. I have found smaller hard hulled boats good for one person if you need more go to rib or larger hard boat. The 17 footer and their 16 footer with moving seat relatively stable and good rower good for two or more if needed. the 15 ft lobster boat with a moving seat great exercise but a little slow for rowing but much better motor boat and greater stability almost matching rib. The 17 ft JS not really meant for power both boats can be had with CB and sail rig both pricy. Both are on the heavy side. Good quality.

Back
Top Bottom