Fresh Water Pump Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True. I don't have an accumulator and I have a tiny, tiny weep from the relief valve. However, I don't care and see no need for the expense, space eating, and complexity it adds to my system. I also don't need an accumulator to regulate delivery pressure as I use a Grundfos booster pump. It is overkill in terms of GPM delivery but we get constant pressure and flow every time we turn on the water with none of the on and off common with most 12-volt pumps.
OK to eliminate all air in WH If you have an accumulator. With no accumulator or air in WH tank more likelihood that you will over pressurize and leak out of the OTP relief valve. If / when you use a lot of hot water and WH heats from cold to hot you get expansion and P increases. Worth keeping an eye on.

Pulled the Jabsco Paramax 3.5 GPM and replaced it with a Shurflo Aqua King 2 GPM, 30 PSI. Pump feeds head sink and shower, galley sink, HW tank, Jabsco Quiet Flush macerator toilet, and cockpit shower. Part of my problem is that the Jabsco pumps seemed to produce too much pressure in my setup. The Shurflo 2 GPM, 30 PSI is working fine at all faucets. I have Pex water pipes, and when we hit the water switch for the toilet, I would hear the Pex banging from the pressure. With reduced pressure of the Shurflo, no banging pipes. Shurflo has pumps ranging in size from 2 GPM to 5 GPM, and PSIs up to 55. Shurflo pumps are also super quiet.

Is this about what you have?

SHURFLO Aqua King II Automtic Fresh Water Pump, 3 GPM, 12V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01155UQ34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HouvFbFDV0HJT

Back
Top Bottom