Existential crisis-32 foot downsizing of the fleet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you're moving forward. My question is when do you enter rehab or a 12 step program to kick this addiction? :rolleyes:

Ted

Ted,
Not happening. We are not serious cruisers like many of you are, but we spent more time on the water this year than ever before and it sure seems like the more we are out there, the more we want to be out there. I know we all make fun of ourselves for this pursuit, but as long as you don't over reach in terms of your means or your capabilities, I am convinced that boating related stuff is likely very good for you in terms of quality and length of life.

I am going with that, and that is how I get over the hump on this move.
To Murray's point: Big decision? Not really in the grand scheme of things. No real downside here. I am sure I have seen a hundred boats that I could fall in love with though all of them are well out of the mainstream. They may not come around that often, but they do come around. Going from two to one is something that needed to happen at this point and the choice between these two was impossible. So, we are shooting for something roughly in between the two.
To tell you the truth, the only real heartbreaker here is giving up our slip at EBM. That has been a real convenient spot and cannot be reproduced.

Well judging by your previous fleet, you have excellent taste, and I for one am really excited to see what interesting vessel is coming next!

My money is on a Tunisian ferrocement wing in ground minesweeper from the Spanish American war named Deb.

Closing is four days away and Klee Wyck is gone to a new caretaker who will be getting a lot of boat for the bang.
I have heard the comment about the two best days in a boaters life, but selling KW was definitely not one of those best days.
Nor was it one of the worst days. It was just one of the stops on the path of better things ahead.
That was a great boat that built many great memories. Looking forward to next!

Understand exactly how you feel. We are currently boatless. It kinda sucks. Found out today that the sea trial and survey can’t be done until the 20th. Oh well…

Back
Top Bottom