Covid testing in Los Cabos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks,
I am getting ready to bring Ansedonia south to Mexico. When flying back to the states my crew and I will need to take a Covid test before boarding our flights home. Has anybody here gotten a Covid test in San Jose Del Cabo? I see that there are lots of places to get tested, but I can't figure out if you need appointments or can just walk in. Do any of you have experience in this area?

Thanks, Bill

Hi folks,
I am getting ready to bring Ansedonia south to Mexico. When flying back to the states my crew and I will need to take a Covid test before boarding our flights home. Has anybody here gotten a Covid test in San Jose Del Cabo? I see that there are lots of places to get tested, but I can't figure out if you need appointments or can just walk in. Do any of you have experience in this area?

Thanks, Bill

I am vacationing in La Paz in December and am going there to look over the town and marinas prior to committing to the long trip Down the Baja next fall.

It is my understanding that the airlines will accept the rapid covid tests, and that in my case my hotel can administer the test.

Since you will probably be staying on your boat I would probably contact the harbormaster where you will be berthing and ask them, as they might have local knowledge.

I keep my DeFever on the West Coast of Mexico, right now in Puerto Vallarta and I have flown back and forth several times this summer. In Puerto Vallarta you can get tested for about $20 at the airport, Most hospitals also offer the Antigen test required to fly back into the US. I paid around $30 for the tests in the hospitals and you get the results emailed in an hour or two.
Since the whole tip of Baja is chock-full with visiting Americans I am sure that the same applies there. The hospitals did require an appointment, the airport was walk in but they wanted to see a document that shows that you are flying out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom