Clear bottom paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColonyCove

Vessel Name
The Blue Comet
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs/ NT32
My dinghy will be mounted on swim platform so that it covers USCG name and hailing port requirements for a documented vessel. Is there an available clear gloss-finish bottom paint for an aluminum hull RIB that will allow custom vinyl name/port graphics to last, even when dinghy may be kept in salt or brackish water for several days at a time when not stored high and dry?

NOt that I know of.
THe materials that are used in bottom paints are themselves opaque.

Only thing I can think of is a name board hung over the dinghy bottom once it has been raised.

I have the same situation. My dinghy also sits in the seawater for several days at a time. No bottom paint. Pull it up for a day and any life will die and clear off. DOne that now for years. THe vinyl letters are still in good condition after 20+ yrs.

I just used standard stencils and a spray can of Rustoleum on the bottom of my dingy for that. Easy to touch up every other year if that is needed.

I am adverse to putting such info on dingy topside (T/T info) as it then becomes obvious that my vessel is vacant when the ding is at a dock (never mind the empty davits!)

Back
Top Bottom