Boatyard Recommendation - Chesapeake Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Approach

Veteran Member
Hi all,

I am new to the site and very impressed with the volumes of information and wealth of knowledge here.

I am looking for recommendations for a couple of projects in the Chesapeake Bay area:

1. Niad repair (interior leek/hose replace/repair)
2. Detroit Engine - Valve adjustment, injectors, belts, general tune-up and inspection
3. Thru-hull inspection (need a pro here, family onboard)
4. Ray Marine Autopilot Install

I greatly appreciate any input here and it doesn't all have to be done at one facility.

Best regards

Washburns in Solomons Island is a service facility exclusively that enjoys a positive reputation.

Zimmerman Marine in Cardinal, Virginia off of Mobjack bay is a first class facility.

David

Used Deltaville boatyard VA at another NT42s recommendation. Needed to go from RI and back but it was worth it. Now in NEB safe harbor Melville RI. So pleased with Deltaville and displeased with NEB I’m going back to Deltaville to get further work done.
Speak with Heidi and she’s honest, straight forward and very price reasonable. Work done was excellent. Crew will actually talk to you so you learn as well as get skilled careful work done.

https://www.deltavilleboatyard.com/

Last edited:
Used Deltaville boatyard VA at another NT42s recommendation. Needed to go from RI and back but it was worth it. Now in NEB safe harbor Melville RI. So pleased with Deltaville and displeased with NEB I’m going back to Deltaville to get further work done.
Speak with Heidi and she’s honest, straight forward and very price reasonable. Work done was excellent. Crew will actually talk to you so you learn as well as get skilled careful work done.

https://www.deltavilleboatyard.com/

I'm pleased to hear that. I had work done there and was also pleased. But on this forum I heard a problem with their billing practices. I was debating whether to go back to Deltaville Boatyard.

I had issues with billing at Zimmerman's in Deltaville. The work was well done, but the billing process was amateurish and I got charged extra for paying by credit card when they said they would waive the charge.

Wherever you go, it is worth asking for a written estimate and confirming billing practices before you commit since this seems to be the source of most issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom