Boat name survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS RICH! I think that boat has sailed as my title company just finished everything. I wish your post was first, would have saved me 9 page's of reading:)

Nothing requires you to carry on the documentation once it expires next year. Just don't send in the renewal and register the boat with your state.

Don’t forget state boat registration is different than state boat title. They are two separate things. If you have your boat documented by the USCG (which now holds your title) you do not need state titling.

Don’t forget state boat registration is different than state boat title. They are two separate things. If you have your boat documented by the USCG (which now holds your title) you do not need state titling.

:thumb:

USCG does NOT regulate names. ...

Yes it does for documented vessels. The Guard limits the length of the name, and its content cannot be "nasty"

Last edited:
Nothing requires you to carry on the documentation once it expires next year. Just don't send in the renewal and register the boat with your state.

Unless the financial institution (if any) requires it.

-Chris

VA Bene. Is out. Thanks

My wife's favorite is "A Shakey Reed". She's Asian and remembers the reeds and bamboo swaying. But it might be to tricky to pronounce?

Can anyone find a name representing this memory of hers? Reeds & bamboo are somewhat water and "summery" feeling?

I like Kraken, Twisting Breeze, twilight Tide and Tides of Twilight.

Anyone think I can make money off "Kraken" from true hockey fans? Maybe a cruise before or after the games? I know... that's way down the road. But Kraken is kind of cool.

"Release The Kraken"?

We'll need our boys to win a few more games before you can offer Kraken Kruises!

You actually need to undocument it with the CG. Otherwise if you go to sell it it will delay the process while you get it undocumented.

Folks, this thread was two years old before it was resurrected two days ago. I suspect this vessel has been documented in the two years that the thread has been dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom