Bilge pumps & float switches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So many good tips listed here, I’ll add another:

Do not fully tighten the through hull for 12-24 hrs to allow your chosen caulk to set up- or you may squeeze it all out.

So many good tips listed here, I’ll add another:

Do not fully tighten the through hull for 12-24 hrs to allow your chosen caulk to set up- or you may squeeze it all out.

But then you take the chance of breaking it loose and it may leak. I prefer to chamfer the hole so it will form an O ring of caulk around the fitting. Check post #27 for info.

Santa delivered!

Santa delivered two Johnson pumps, 1600 & 2200 gph. Decided to use Marelon thru hulls on Pearl as we Awlgripped her Snowwhite and thought a bronze thru hull wouldn’t meet with the admirals design approval.
I appreciate all the guidance and tips regarding drilling the holes, (including drilling holes underwater) & should be moving ahead with the project as soon as the FL weather returns, not used to the cold NE weather we thought we left behind.

Best wishes for 2023 New Year to all!

Was about to go with typical a Rule 40A or Attwood 4201 enclosed switch but thought I’d also consider an electronic switch like the Johnson electromagnetic switch.

See Ultra Senior and Ultra Junior pump switches. Several threads around here on the topic. I did a "survey" of sorts several years ago, across several fora, and Ultra always came first among several recommendations.

Their optional alarm signal will wake the dead, too.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom