Is all of Florida a No Discharge Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Can treated waste be discharged in Florida waters

Apparently only in increments of 211 million gallons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-sewage-fort-lauderdale-s-waterways-n1137916

(Sorry, non-responsive I know. Discharge comes up so often on this forum that I immediately thought of TF when I read this news. I see the state fined Ft. Lauderdale $1.8 million for the spill. Let's see, that works out to .008531 dollars per gallon. Heck, if I can empty my holding tanks for less than a penny a gallon I'll pay double that and still consider it a bargain. What, doesn't work that way?)

Apparently only in increments of 211 million gallons.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-sewage-fort-lauderdale-s-waterways-n1137916

(Sorry, non-responsive I know. Discharge comes up so often on this forum that I immediately thought of TF when I read this news. I see the state fined Ft. Lauderdale $1.8 million for the spill. Let's see, that works out to .008531 dollars per gallon. Heck, if I can empty my holding tanks for less than a penny a gallon I'll pay double that and still consider it a bargain. What, doesn't work that way?)

You expected logic?

Where do you fine what is and is not clean zones

I posted a link to No discharge zones.

Usually "clean marinas" have signs posted all over when you pull in or are advertised on their web page.

Can treated waste be discharged in Florida waters

With the exception of the Keys, Destin Harbor and a few well meaning but misguided marinas, the discharge of treated waste from a USCG certified Type I or II MSD is legal in all FL waters.

You'll find a complete up-to-date list of all the NDZs in the US, listed by state, here EPA NDZ list

--Peggie

Back
Top Bottom