2021 TF Gathering in SE FL: 02/17 - 02/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish you all a great TF Gathering next week!!
Sorry that I had to bail out :-(
Maybe next year???

Hi Scott. For sure next year, no more rona

Cheers you will be missed

I love people who have never been to it and think there is any planning that goes on.

Other than picking dates and a few offering to host a dinner...there is really no planning.

I still remember the day Don and I stood on the dock and said we should have a rendezvous.

It grew to what it was mostly ad hoc with reactionary doing rather than planning as neither one of use thought f much more than buying some beer and a "door prize".

Fortunately Larry and Ted and of course the most of the most (Watfa and Irv) all stepped up and volunteered for hosting stuff...every year asking about how many would come to each night (not all that technical)...but beyond that and a few requests to go to a couple of points of interest...not much else.

Look back and look at the responses to those inquiring about places to stay, seminars, agendas....mostly comical replies.

So getting technical for now is like adding radar to a dingy.... if people want to organize...all they have to do is offer whatever they want to contribute...and it can be 5 minutes before it happens as far as past crowds were concerned.

If someone wants to take over as event organizer...have at it. But I think that fact that so little is formal is what makes it real. Been to and worked at trawlerfests...this is way better because it's smaller and people come without expectations.

We are using 21st century tech...we are on the internet and using smartphones. :D

The same thoughts went through my mind. Some people are just born to organize! And her being a teacher, I understand. But I have no more to add than what Scott said. The beauty of this little gathering is the lack of organization. I have plenty of that in other parts of my life! THanks for the thought, WifeyB. ANd thanks to those that do organize what little structure we have in this event. All I have to do is show up with a cute bubbly little blonde and I am accepted....or tolerated???

Baker be sure not to forget that cute bubbly little blonde or you can’t get in our exclusive club, and we have the Flor de Cana. :)
Are your guys coming?

Baker be sure not to forget that cute bubbly little blonde or you can’t get in our exclusive club, and we have the Flor de Cana. :)
Are your guys coming?

Well we were...and then we weren't...and now it is looking like we might make it!!!!

Sounds like your sex change to a woman worked. Can’t make up your mind. :)

On January 28 France closed borders to and from non-EU countries. French Prime Minister announced the measure after an emergency government health security meeting at the presidential palace. Also the U.S. are still restricting all travel from Europe to the U.S. then entry is suspended.
Therefore we can't do it this year, sadly.

Among those who will attend is there anybody who could give me a postal address through PM ? We would like to ship you something french to accompany one of your meals allowing the very friendly members we met last year to not forget us also allowing us to attend in spirit.

Thank you in advance !

Oilivier & Pilou Sorry you guys won’t make it this year, you will be missed. Next year we look forward to your company.

Best way to send something to us is to send it to the Ft Pierce City Marina Dockmaster and they can hold it for us. I wish a chocolate soufflé would make the trip and I know it wouldn’t. :)

Thanks

I regret to say we won't make it. This late winter storm requires us to stay for ranching duties. I already turned the heater on at the boat.

Y'all have fun!

Sorry you can’t make it, next year will be huge. :)

Wishing you ruffians all the best this year! I'll miss being there but looking forward to the stories. Hoping the "Big Guy" and I can reconnect with a rental to remember again. :angel: Next year is looking like THE year to make it for me after my divorce is finalized! No single women will be safe! :eek::facepalm::D

I sure hope someone can get a good variety of incriminating photos for the rest of us ne'er-do-wells to enjoy in our pandemic fear-induced lockdown absence! I'm sure hoping the masks come off for some great photos!

Hope the cooler ice holds out for y'all!

Spoiler Alert: Ted likes warm beer. BYO Ice!

Attachments

• Glacier.jpg
    Glacier.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 27
I fell last week, and fractured L5 in my back so I am out for six months.

Al. We will miss you but the girls go topless when Don is around and unfortunately he can’t make it this year. Also, when Ted brings the beer he can serve it at any temperature he wants. :)

Oilivier & Pilou Sorry you guys won’t make it this year, you will be missed. Next year we look forward to your company.

Best way to send something to us is to send it to the Ft Pierce City Marina Dockmaster and they can hold it for us. I wish a chocolate soufflé would make the trip and I know it wouldn’t. :)

Thanks

Irv,

How did you guess it was a chocolate soufflé ? you got me ! You see through me like a piece of glass :)

I already set up everything with Anne Bowen since someone must sign for parcel’s delivery that is scheduled for Monday 15. If you don’t mind please contact Anne (#772-464-1245) when you reach there, thank you in advance.

Well, once again too bad that we can’t make it but flying overseas from EU is too complicated so far.

All the best as well to Watfa and everyone, see you all next year. Have fun, enjoy as much as you can, life is too short to be small !

Pilou et Olivier

Last edited:
Hi Pilou
We all thank you and Oliver. We will arrive Wednesday so perhaps Scott should pick it up before especially if it may spoil.

Also, I know the French are masters when it come to cooking but if you can make a soufflé last shipping across the Atlantic I take my hat and clothes off to you. :blush::blush::blush::blush:

See you next year if God wills.

Thanks so much to you and Oliver.

Greetings,
Mr. B. You've made 2 references thus far to nudity (post #'s 193 & 196). Is this you?

iu

Probably BEST if I do not attend, I'm thinking.

RT. Of course, the girls are in lovevv by with Don and always take their tops off around him. Remember when we were raided by the local police. :)

Greetings,
Mr. B. NOT talking about feminine antics. I wanted to know if the mugshot was you (again)? You need a shave, by the way...

RT. The mug shot is close but that guy is much better looking. I do need a shave for the last 25 years.

Greetings,
Mr. B. NOT talking about feminine antics. I wanted to know if the mugshot was you (again)? You need a shave, by the way...

I can attest to the fact that the person pictured is not Irv.... I will just leave it there.

Ted

Sorry We can’t make it. We got our 2 vaccine shots and are going to CT and will see our kids and grandkids for the first time in 18 months. I’m out shopping for winter shoes and I will sleep with them on. Jackie and I wish a great time to all.

Ted. Thanks pal.

Howard happy to learn that you will keep an eye on your shoes.

I was also hoping that 2021 would be the year we were able to join in. Covid has affected our plans but hoping that maybe 2022 will be the year.
Please celebrate in our absence.
Looking forward to meeting more of the TF crew at some point.

Baccus hopefully you can make it. 2022 appears to be the mega Ft Pierce gathering.

Steve were counting on you to be the Sargent at arms, somebody has to keep Jack in line. :)

What is Oliver doing these days? Wasn’t he training to be an marine electronics tech?

He installed the new chart plotter, radar and other stuff on my boat when I bought it and knew nothing. I was surprised how young he was when he showed up! His mom dropped him off. [emoji23]

He did a great job!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom