Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet you just hate working while sitting down, at home, inside, all warm and dry, close to a tv and a fridge, and a head. Must be awful. I bet you’re longing for the 27 hour days with the torture board, covered with dust and sweat and fairing compound. Ah, the good old days... sigh...

I bet you just hate working while sitting down, at home, inside, all warm and dry, close to a tv and a fridge, and a head. Must be awful. I bet you’re longing for the 27 hour days with the torture board, covered with dust and sweat and fairing compound. Ah, the good old days... sigh...

Hahahahaha ah the good old days. I got a little sick in my mouth remembering that.

Quick little sesh on the sewing machine and now all of the covers are made. Tomorrow I’ll bring home the compressor, staple gun and the 650 deg heat gun and begin wrapping, stapling and stretching the covers on to the framework.

IMG_3741.jpg
IMG_3743.jpg

Now you're dressing-up every part of your floatie-toy gal! :thumb:

Sorta like being in the fitting room with SOLSTICE at a high end boutique; getting her all dressed and ready for graduation from college!! :eek:

Could say: You're now playing the roll of a haberdasher... however, not for male boats... but rather for this very special female boat. :socool:

I expect to see a photo of you with a cloth garment-measuring-tape slung over your shoulder! :D

Sorry Art no selfies today but I have some completed shrouds for you guys to look at. Took a couple of hours. Could probably have been done better but I think they are ok

IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3753.jpg
IMG_3758.jpg
IMG_3760.jpg
IMG_3756.jpg

Sorry Art no selfies today but I have some completed shrouds for you guys to look at. Took a couple of hours. Could probably have been done better but I think they are ok

They sure look damn nice to me. You must have enough tools to open up a school on how to rebuild just about anything! :D

Selfies aren't all they're cracked up to be... specially after about 19 yrs. of age - LOL

View attachment 80207
View attachment 80208
View attachment 80209
View attachment 80210
View attachment 80211

Those look really good. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to put the seams closer to the corners and on the top of the trim panels. That just a preference though. :thumb:

Which seams mate?
The end seems. The ones that run across from the front edge to the edge at the window side. In the pic below, they are all on the bottom.

The do look great. The little bit of pucker around the seams should go away overtime. The heating and cooling inside the boat will help them lay down some.

attachment.php

The end seems. The ones that run across from the front edge to the edge at the window side. In the pic below, they are all on the bottom.

The do look great. The little bit of pucker around the seams should go away overtime. The heating and cooling inside the boat will help them lay down some.

attachment.php

These ones mate?

IMG_3760.jpg

If they are not perfect, leave it for the next owner.

You can’t see it in the pictures I took But there are identical seams on the top as well. I made them like that as a feature on purpose :) . I’ll take clearer pics later

I just assumed it was a design choice. I kinda like it, myself.

You can’t see it in the pictures I took But there are identical seams on the top as well. I made them like that as a feature on purpose :) . I’ll take clearer pics later

I see. :thumb:

Hi Matt,

She’s looking the bomb! Hope you guys are well and happy.

Cheers from Cuba,
Bob

IMG_2779.JPG
The natives are pretty tough around here!

We are having a great time. Really missing Ebbtide and the old cruising grounds but goofing around in the Caribbean isn’t so bad.

Those look really good. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to put the seams closer to the corners and on the top of the trim panels. That just a preference though. :thumb:

Here you go mate. Seams top and bottom :)

IMG_3831.jpg

This afternoon I installed the shrouds and began installing the vinyl on the dinette and the dash area and then popped the helm in place.

IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3844.jpg
IMG_3843.jpg
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3842.jpg
IMG_3834.jpg
IMG_3836.jpg
IMG_3840.jpg
IMG_3841.jpg
IMG_3839.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. You're building a rich man's dream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom