Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You want a happy song for a boat launching, a song that talks about the past, the now and the future? It is a simple, almost quiet song that so many of us learned when they/we were young....

Some may call it a dorky song but remember, it was a different time. And Mr Rogers' first concern was always the children and their understanding of the many many subjects he discussed but never, in his nearly 1000 shows, did he discuss the completion of a neighbor's boat.

Give a kid a boat and he or she are on a great adventure. Give an adult a boat, he becomes a boy or girl and they too are on a great adventure. Hendo78 joy your new 'great adventure', may they bring you great and happy memories.

If you can read this far without identifying and or humming the song, who's the dork? CHUCKLE

We can thank Mr Rogers and his opening theme song,
"It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood......."

Maybe it is time for another "Mr Roger" type of educator on TV.

Last edited:
Matt, me mate.... Try this one on for size! Still searching for YOUR Splash Day!! :flowers: :thumb:

More for my mate, Matt. Hey buddy - Maybe you could make a compilation of your favorites and blast em all day on SPLASH Day!!

Jeez, Matt...when you get her finished...whaddayagonnado with all your spare time..? :D

Art, great choices mate. You’re giving a nod to my country roots and love for country music. I like it, Thank you brother.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions too. I’ll try and keep everyone happy and make other videos but the splash down one goes to art.

RTF I might make a vid of the spray painting using that AC/DC song if that’s ok?

The paint tent is Locked down. Glad I kept all of these tarps and that I was able to use them for the paint tent. Made for a cheap paint shed alternative.

IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0384.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0387.jpg
IMG_0388.jpg

Now that's a man cave if ever there was one! :dance: :thumb:

Art, great choices mate. You’re giving a nod to my country roots and love for country music. I like it, Thank you brother.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions too. I’ll try and keep everyone happy and make other videos but the splash down one goes to art.

RTF I might make a vid of the spray painting using that AC/DC song if that’s ok?

Don't know what to say, Matt... I'm blushing at the computer 4:30 AM this morn! Thank you for the high level mention.. my mate.

Brother - I've felt your country roots for all these years of your SOLSTICE creating.

This IS getting really exciting; your boat creation is hot as hell!! If I were a young boat I'd ask you if it's OK to date your daughter SOLSTICE! :D

Hurry up and finish the painting so you can change your picture.

That’s it for another week. Was great to get the paint tent sorted. Be interesting to see how it goes with the rain that’s coming next week. This afternoon I just pottered around organising things. I set up the spray gun table, the sanding station and the filler table ready incase of any last minute touch ups. Seeing as the rain is coming the moisture content in the air will be too high to spray anything so I’m going to make a start on the interior and first step will be to take all the tools and gear out and vacuum and clean all of the dust out then tackle it. Ok well off to go night diving with the step son tonight so early finish today.
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg

The paint tent is Locked down. Glad I kept all of these tarps and that I was able to use them for the paint tent. Made for a cheap paint shed alternative.

Looking good Matt

Hey hey, there's a new and great looking boat in your messages.
You are going to finish off the interior now?
Glad you have 'taken' us along with your rebuilding process. You have made me tired from all my hard work. I think we need to rest for a day. WINK

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom