1987 Californian 42MY Blige Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gneissman61

Vessel Name
TBD
Vessel Make
1987 Californian 42
Surveys are complete and we now own the boat!

Can someone tell me where the aft bilge pump is located on a 42MY? The 1987 is identical to the 1988 and beyond Carver Californian 45MY.

Mine is not running when I flip the override switch on the panel so I need to find it and figure out why before we make the move from Chattanooga to Ten Mile, TN.

Thanks!
Jeff

Congrats on your new boat. Now the fun starts.

Are you sure it is not working? On my Carver, I have 3. Sitting still, the aft pump would be the last one to actually pump water as it is located at the highest level due to the shape of the hull. Only time it sees water is when I start to run it up on plane and bilge water rushes back to the stern, enough to trip the pump on.
As far as finding it, open up every bilge opening you have and stick your head in with a good flashlight. On my boat, I have several openings covered up by carpet in the aft cabin. I have to pull up the carpet to access them.

Thanks! I will get the hatches in the aft cabin opened up and look! I am really hoping I don’t have to hang upside down between the main fuel tank and the transom to reach this thing…as my surveyor has predicted!

Back
Top Bottom