Dingy davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Nob

Vessel Name
Family Tides II
Vessel Make
1991 32’ Island Gypsy
Suggestions.
Our boat is 1991 Island Gypsy. As far as we can tell it’s never had a dingy. We have a teak rail, I can tell could not attach to it. Where to attach. They have discontinued the swivel Davits from St Croix. Now just have the removable ones.
I’ve looked at riser to attach to swim platform.

I've been very happy with my Garhauer davits. I expect they could come up with a tall setup (they'll make them whatever height you need) that can mount to the swim platform, transom, and maybe a brace over the caprail into the cockpit.

Also consider Kato davits. Very nice company to work with and high quality. A different design approach is something like The Dinghy Butler.

Notice the Garhauer/Kato style davits lift and lower the dinghy vertically whereas the swing arm style davits like the Dinghy Butler move the dinghy in an arc and so can provide more reach over the swim platform.

I put the small (150lb) dingy on the swim platform but still worry about constant total weight being beyond the platform supports design load.
would you consider bedding a transfer plate and support to hull on the interior of the stern and then through bolting?
My main crane for the big dingy has a 3" stanchion all the way to the bottom of the hull with some significant bolstering and support.

We had a SeaWise davit on a previous boat and loved it.

I have an inflatable dinghy and I just mounted snap davits on the swim platform. Works a treat ? - except my photo won't rotate ?

Attachments

• IMG_8453 2.jpg
    IMG_8453 2.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom